1.5 DSG sportline - Initial impressions

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

I have recently changed from 1.6 TDI SEL Karoq Manual to a new 1.5 DSG Sportline and thought i would summarise my early thoughts.
The Sportline is a vastly better looking car with the body kit making it look very different to the SEL - far less black plastic and the fake chrome exhausts really look good.
Sports seats are very comfortable and supportive.
I was concerned about the ride quality due to 19” wheels and low profile tyres. Yes it is not as smooth as the SEL being on the firm side but not unpleasant. There is however slightly more tyre noise particularly on a rough surface.
Engine wise the 1.5 is almost limousine in nature. Totally quiet and almost inaudible. The DSG box is superb with imperceptible gear changes and it always seems to be in right gear at the right time. The auto coasting feature works brilliantly and no doubt saves fuel.
Turning to economy that was my biggest concern however I have been amazed how this powerful 150bhp motor returns excellent fuel economy. Local runs of 5-10 miles achieve 43-47mpg and longer runs at 70-80mph are 51-54mpg. I am impressed. 2000rpm in 7th gear equals indicated 75mph making motorway cruise very relaxed.
I do miss the varioflex seats from the SEL but this is offset by the electric tailgate and panoramic glass roof.
Overall I can not fault the Sportline to date and highly recommend this version even though it is perhaps overpriced ( I personal lease mine at £256 pm on a 9+23 10000miles pa contract)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post