Update Columbus satnav

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Richiej64

Post by Richiej64 »

Hi all . This is my first post as new Karoq owner. It’s an ‘18 plate Edition 1.5 6 speed.
I bought it from a Vauxhall dealer who was unsure of the full spec as it came with many extras.
I’m so pleased with my first Skoda and fully converted from being “Ford man”
It’s fitted with a Colombo’s Info system. The sat Nav fully works without any SD in the glovebox slots? but has never been updated ( still showing 2018 roads)
Question. Is the satnav info stored on a SD card or is it on the systems hard drive. Dealer doesn’t know.
Should a SD be included ?
How do you update the satnav... online via the WLAN data link ?
Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

Richiej64

Post by Richiej64 »

Just been onto Skoda online who state I need a genuine Skoda SD card to enable the updates to take place. The only ones I can find online are fore the Amundsen 2 Gen2 MIB2. Whole this suit to be used to update on. If not anyone know what part number is for the genuine SD is ?
johnboy60

Post by johnboy60 »

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The Columbus stores the map data internally, but uses an SD card to transfer updates maps from the Skoda Update website to the car. Having updated the maps, the SD card can then be removed.

My previous Golfs required me to use an official VW SD card (with some hidden data on it identifying it as a VW card), and Skoda could well be similar. (My current Karoq's Amundsen system holds the maps internally and updates them automatically online, so is not the same as yours.)

The previous owner should really have left the SD card with the car, and you could perhaps try t track him down and see if he still has it.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Gotnocars

Post by Gotnocars »

Have read the posts and understand my Columbus system better now. I wondered where my sat-nav SD card was located - I looked in the glove box and found empty SD slots and so I dismissed them. I now realise that they are there to update the onboard system and the card is removed.
Nobody at my Skoda dealership could tell me nor could Skoda UK. However, head office have now sent me the update link via email. I've not done that yet I await my son's arrival for that part. But Skoda UK have addressed whether you need a dedicated SD card or not (presuming the information sent to me is correct). Because all they told me to do was purchase a 64gb card and not a 32gb as the update might exceed 32gb. There was no mention of purchasing a Skoda approved card.
Will follow this up in approx a week and let you know whether my update was successful.
Mike sandy

Post by Mike sandy »

Hi ,
I haven't bothered with the Skoda sat nav , I plug my android phone into the USB and use android auto with the Waze sat nav app plus you get the current state of the road ahead.
Karoq 1.5 SE with tow bar
Dark blue metallic

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post