ORDER BOOKS OFFICIALLY OPEN FOR ALL-NEW ŠKODA KAROQ

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Ordering for one of 2017’s most anticipated new arrivals – the all-new ŠKODA Karoq – opens today (Tuesday 3 October). Priced from £20,875, the all-new SUV sets new standards for value, comfort and equipment in what is one of the busiest and most competitive sectors of the new car market.

KaroqStudioFrontUK.jpg

With the first deliveries expected in the first half of January 2018, ŠKODA retailers across the country are expecting brisk business with buyers keen to be the first to own the all-new Karoq.

As with its larger sibling – the seven-seater Kodiaq – the Karoq delivers the perfect balance of practicality, comfort and value. Its striking looks showcase ŠKODA’s new SUV design language while a raft of new driver assistance systems and in-car technology mean that drivers can enjoy one of the safest and most advanced vehicles in the sector.

The all-new Karoq is available in three familiar trim levels; SE, SE L and Edition – with each grade offering exceptional levels of equipment. SE models start from £20,875 with SE L models available from £23,165 and range-topping Edition models priced from £27,110. Standard features fitted across the range include alloy wheels, privacy glass, LED rear lights, dual-zone climate control, front assist, pedestrian monitor and driver fatigue sensor.

Like its larger SUV sibling, the Kodiaq, the all-new Karoq offers exceptional practicality for families on the move. Thanks to its generous wheelbase of 2,638mm, passengers enjoy plenty of legroom, while the Varioflex seating system (standard on SE L and Edition models, optional on SE) allows owners to adapt the rear of the car to meet their exact needs. The VarioFlex system consists of three separate rear seats that can be individually adjusted or completely removed to create a maximum load volume of 1,810 litres.

Karoq customers can choose from four engine options – two TSI petrol units with outputs of 115PS and 150 PS and two TDI diesels also with power outputs of 115PS and 150PS. All four are available with a seven-speed DSG transmission as an option, with the most powerful diesel model – the 2.0 TDI 150PS, also available with four-wheel drive.

bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

SE L ordered today! Beware anybody trying to work out specs without visiting a dealer - I found that some items shown in the online brochure as standard are shown as payable options on the configurator!

Even the dealer wasn't sure, so we've had to work to the specs that they've been given, and they've agreed that they will pay for anything which is shown as standard spec, if subsequently that is not the case....
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Hopefully the confusion will get sorted quickly, that's a good offer from the dealer though.

What's the final spec you went for?
Baloo

Post by Baloo »

Yes, I had a similar experience yesterday when I visited my local dealer, Meadens. They were very helpful and we steered our way through the prices and options together.

Also, I noticed the much advertised Digital Instrument Panel doesn't get a single mention or a proper picture in the brochure or spec/price list. Is it actually fitted to UK models? If so, what a curious marketing omission.

The Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) which is available on this platform elsewhere in the VW group and was thought essential in the early road tests is totally absent even as an option.

Otherwise, it looks very well equipped even in SE guise - I can't wait to have a test drive, but early January seems the likeliest first date.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Rob wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:12 am Hopefully the confusion will get sorted quickly, that's a good offer from the dealer though.

SE L, in Cappuccino, with double sided boot mat, steel spare wheel, and Auto Light Assist.

Delivery expected 'sometime in January'

Update: Skoda appear to have removed the Karoq (and the Kodiak) from the configurator on the website - perhaps they're sorting it out.
Last edited by bone_tone on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Baloo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:16 am Yes, I had a similar experience yesterday when I visited my local dealer, Meadens. They were very helpful and we steered our way through the prices and options together.

Also, I noticed the much advertised Digital Instrument Panel doesn't get a single mention or a proper picture in the brochure or spec/price list. Is it actually fitted to UK models? If so, what a curious marketing omission.

The Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) which is available on this platform elsewhere in the VW group and was thought essential in the early road tests is totally absent even as an option.

Otherwise, it looks very well equipped even in SE guise - I can't wait to have a test drive, but early January seems the likeliest first date.
In the copied brochure I was given, DCC is shown as available from 'CW22/2018'. Don't know if that means the UK though, as this brochure has obviously been translated from another language - 'Adaptive suspension allows to combine outstanding comfort with confidence on curvy road and off-road capability'....

The Digital Instrument Panel is also shown, but with no mention of availability, and it's certainly not been shown as an option on any spec list I've seen so far.

The wording relating to the instrument panel suggests that they don't expect many women to want to buy the Karoq - 'That means you can let your wife play with the radio while you follow navigation guidance' !
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

bone_tone wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:08 pm
Rob wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:12 am Hopefully the confusion will get sorted quickly, that's a good offer from the dealer though.

SE L, in Cappuccino, with double sided boot mat, steel spare wheel, and Auto Light Assist.

Delivery expected 'sometime in January'

Update: Skoda appear to have removed the Karoq (and the Kodiak) from the configurator on the website - perhaps they're sorting it out.
Sorry, forgot to include engine spec - 1.5tsi.

Also, configurator is now back up, but still has errors - e.g., shows electrically adjustable mirrors as an option, which can only be added if you also add electric drivers seat. Spec sheets show electric mirrors as standard on all models....
ashtree

Post by ashtree »

Quote: " I found that some items shown in the online brochure as standard are shown as payable options on the configurator!"

Bad enough that the starting price is about 3 grand over the £17,700 being touted by car mags and reviewers several months ago. Now Varioflex seats are shown at £450! And no sign of a 1.5 TSI 4x4 option for those of us wishing to move away from diesel. Do they not want Yeti owners to trade up?
Baloo

Post by Baloo »

The pricing is one thing, but neither the digital dials nor adaptive suspension available in the UK until the middle of next year! Two of the bits of kit that could have helped lift it above a Yeti. Some strange marketing going on at Skoda.
At least the colours have started to get a bit more interesting.
dion

Post by dion »

Hence my posting about waiting for 2018 to have another look (probably the 2019 year build in June).
I am also a bit peeved that I cannot have my preferred fabric seating, instead of the standard Alcantara/leather, in the SE-L model.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post