Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG - Advice / Internet Broker / Spare Wheel and Stuff

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Hampshirelad

Post by Hampshirelad »

Wondered if any members have used Carwow or Drive The Deal and what their experience has been

Spare Wheel - The spare wheel on the Build your Car configurator has an 18in rim.The Edition has 19in rims. Do they automatically supply the correct wheel or does the suspension do clever things to compensate while it is fitted.

Do not want to get too carried away, but has anyone had park assist fitted and did it meet expectations.

Many thanks

Merlinman

Post by Merlinman »

Used both in my quest for a 'best' price on a Karoq recently - DTD followed up with a personal call and Carwow gave me links to 5 dealerships with prices - contact made with all of them and helpful responses received. None of them had a stock vehicle to the spec we wanted, but my (nearly) local dealer (Rainworth @ Mansfield) came up with almost the prefect match in stock at the right price and offered (unseen) an excellent px on my 2011 Yeti HTH?
draig

Post by draig »

I've used CarWow to help get a good deal at my local Skoda dealership - CarWow gave me a quote from another Skoda dealership, which I then used when haggling at my local one (along the lines of 'this other Skoda dealership is offering me a really good deal, what can you do to beat it & stop me from buying from them?') .
AKA Dai, deepest darkest Wales
Karoq Scout 4x4 2.0 TDI 150hp
Black Magic (Pearl)
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Space savers (either skinny or nearly full size) are rarely the same size as the original wheels. The suspension copes fine with it. No problem.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Hampshirelad

Post by Hampshirelad »

Many thanks for the helpful advice and feed back on CarWow
silverhairs

Post by silverhairs »

The same question came up on another forum I was in.
The rim on a skinny tyre is normally an 1" smaller than the rims on the car. It's not the clever suspension that levels things up!
If you place the skinny spare wheel against the tyre on the car, they are the same diameter. The side wall of the skinny tyre is bigger.

It's the same as if you were to take your 17" rimmed tyre off and fit 18" rims, you will find the side walls are thinner on the 18" against the 17" rims.
It has to be the same diameter or it will give wrong readings with the speedo.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post