New Karoq 4x4

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
LeeLee12

Post by LeeLee12 »

Hello
There was nothing on the road, as I came around a slight bend, it started flashing .. speed was 25
It’s is odd as it doesn’t come on when a car passes me ..

Thanks you Alethea ❤️
Alethea ❤️❤️

cmac

Post by cmac »

LeeLee12 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:20 am Hello
There was nothing on the road, as I came around a slight bend, it started flashing .. speed was 25
It’s is odd as it doesn’t come on when a car passes me ..

Thanks you Alethea ❤️
The warning is only when the car thinks you are getting close to something too quickly. A passing car is close to you, but it isn't getting closer so the car doesn't complain.

I've had this warning when I got to a sharp bend in a narrow road and the car got concerned about a tree that was straight ahead just before I turned. I've also read of people having the car brakes slam on because an empty plastic bag was blown across the radar and got stuck there, which would be alarming.

The most recent thing I had with it was when it deactivated itself due to accumulated snow on the front of the car a few weeks ago.

There's always scope for warning / detection systems to report a 'false positive', i.e. it interprets the situation wrongly as being dangerous. In my case of the tree and the sharp bend, as soon as I turned the car was happy again so there was no risk that it would try to do anything.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

It is a well known 'false positive' of this system that on a right hand bend that it will often 'see' a tree, corner warning post or anything else solid in the 'line of fire' as you go round the bend. Ignore it if you can't see what you're about to hit! ;)
Unfortunately it is also a well known problem that you don't need snow on the sensor, a wet leaf or even heavy rain will stop it working.........just when you need it most! :lol:
You will, however get a warning on the MFD that it is temporarily u/s.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
LeeLee12

Post by LeeLee12 »

“stop it working.........just when you need it most! :lol:
You will, however get a warning on the MFD that it is temporarily u/s.
Colin”

Thank you Colin for the Heads Up Lol ...Alethea
Alethea ❤️❤️

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post