1.5 Diesel DSG

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Reubs

Post by Reubs »

Just picked our SE up today and expected to see Mode button as on our recent Octavia. Can’t see any button for Modes at all.
Am I missing it on an SE diesel DSG. Or are the modes hiding somewhere else?
New to these forums so any guidance will be much appreciated.
Thanks

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I think (but may be wrong) that driving mode not available on SE. What does the handbook say?
However I did find this on 'The Dark Side'.
If no further info try ringing the dealer??

I recently took delivery of a Karoq 1.6TDI SE Technology.
However, I think I've discovered a weird interface problem. Using the Infotainment Car setting, I can change the driving mode (Eco, Normal, etc), but there's no button on the centre console beside the gear lever.
Is that normal, or maybe it's a design fault?
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Reubs

Post by Reubs »

Hi. Dealer told me that the DSG didn’t have paddle change on steering column. It does.
Never over confident on dealer knowledge!
They told me there isn’t a speed limiter either. It has cruise control and the manual seems to suggest it is on my SE.
Only collected it yesterday, so I’ll have time to spend searching through menus etc over the weekend.
Thanks
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

1.Paddles allow you to change gear, up/down. Nothing to do with drive mode selection.
2.Karoqs (& all Skodas as far as I know) do not have speed limiters. They have a speed WARNING that can be set via the multi function display .
3. Tip..... if you want a second speed warning you can go into 'settings' on the infotainment screen and set speed warning for 'Winter Tyres'.
It always amazes me that with all the electrotech in cars these days they don't appear able to run a system which sets multiple speed warnings. With the ridiculous white numbers on a silver dial (almost illegible in bright daylight for this old chap!) I find it necessary to set 30 and 70 MPH. I have also market the face on non numbered speeds with red OHP permanent marker.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
NeilD

Post by NeilD »

My karoq has cruise and limiter
Reubs

Post by Reubs »

kodiaq wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:49 am 1.Paddles allow you to change gear, up/down. Nothing to do with drive mode selection.
2.Karoqs (& all Skodas as far as I know) do not have speed limiters. They have a speed WARNING that can be set via the multi function display .
3. Tip..... if you want a second speed warning you can go into 'settings' on the infotainment screen and set speed warning for 'Winter Tyres'.
It always amazes me that with all the electrotech in cars these days they don't appear able to run a system which sets multiple speed warnings. With the ridiculous white numbers on a silver dial (almost illegible in bright daylight for this old chap!) I find it necessary to set 30 and 70 MPH. I have also market the face on non numbered speeds with red OHP permanent marker.
I realise the paddles having nothing to do with “ mode”. I was just highlighting the lack of features knowledge the dealership had. And it’s not the first time.
I have set the speed warning. That wasn’t a problem. Had it in my other two Skodas. The speed limiter function just seems like an excellent function to have. Manual discusses it but doesn’t highlight if available with DSG.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Forgive me if I appeared to be teaching 'Granny to suck eggs' I am often not aware of members knowledge levels.
Speed Limiter.
Do you have ACC or ordinary cruise control? I do not have ACC so am not sure of it's intricacies.
I do know that my CC doesn't have a speed limiter.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Reubs

Post by Reubs »

No ACC. The manual shows that the limiter button set would be underneath the CC arm. It isn’t, so I presume it doesn’t have it.
NeilD

Post by NeilD »

On mine I select cruise with left hand stalk then press the button on the right side of the steering wheel,it looks like a car then I have the option to set cruise or limit.
silverhairs

Post by silverhairs »

I've had 4 cars now, all with speed limiter, and never used it once. If I want to limit my speed, I use the cruise control, even in a 30 speed limit, even better with the adaptive cruise and DSG.
I know it's sounds stupid, but if I was to set the limiter, and require an instant burst of speed, I think I'm not able to, I know it's just me.