Converting Karoq SE-L with space saver spare wheel to full-size spare wheel

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Mark,

I'm in the 'Can't do without a spare wheel' brigade in this argument (and blame transverse engines for killing off starting handles even though they survived on Minis for a time!!!)

But as it will only be used in an emergency, I'm inclined to opt for the skinny narrow one rather than the fat one. Can you remember if the boot floors at the same height with either spare wheels(leaving a useful gap between the narrow spare wheel and the boot floor)? I can see from your picture 01 that there are gaps around the sides of the skinny spare wheel, but wonder if there's room to put items on top of it as well. (Thanks to lockdown I haven't been able to investigate showroom cars for a while :)

I understand that the 4x4 Karoqs have a higher well in the boot to allow for the Halex bits, but as Skoda quote the same boot size for 4x4 and FWD am not sure why they haven't lost some space like the Ateca does!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

To answer my own question, from elsewhere it looks like the boot floor always sits directly on the spare wheel, so the floor is lower on the narrow spare and gives more boot space above it, but no extra room below it!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

Hi Mark/all,

I trust you are well and surviving the Corana madness. I have recently purchased a 2 Wheel drive used Karoq Edition which came with both the inflation kit and a space saver. Unfortunately, when I checked under the boot floor cover the polystyrene former which houses the jack, wheel brace etc was missing along with securing nut which tightens the space saver to the chassis.
I’ve checked with my local dealer to replace the polystyrene section and the securing the nut/bolt and they will supply this but it also comes with the Jack, wheel brace and other accessories which already have.
I was wondering if anyone has a these two redundant parts, which are no longer required due to your full spare wheel upgrades, I would very much like to purchase these from you if you know longer need them.
Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.
Steve London.
Shadders

Post by Shadders »

Hi, I have just contacted my local dealer for the part number 57A 093 860A, however the part listed is for a centre piece form insert, that fits into the spare wheel, with the form insert holding the jack etc, not what is seen in the pictures on this thread. As the part numbers changed, since they cannot find any to allow a larger wheel to be fitted.

cheers
1.5 tsi se tech
Jacko031254

Post by Jacko031254 »

Hi just bought the kit without the a suffix, it doesn’t do the job. It looks like it needs to be the kit originally stated
Conglen

Post by Conglen »

I recently bought a Karoq 1.0 TSI SE Technology 2020 and I’m looking to install a full size spare wheel. I’m struggling to find where I can purchase these parts for housing spare wheel and new boot floor ( part number: 57A09860C and 57A093860A any help would be greatly appreciated.
Soup

Post by Soup »

Conglen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:43 pm I recently bought a Karoq 1.0 TSI SE Technology 2020 and I’m looking to install a full size spare wheel. I’m struggling to find where I can purchase these parts for housing spare wheel and new boot floor ( part number: 57A09860C and 57A093860A any help would be greatly appreciated.
The first part number is missing a 3. It should be 57A093860C - same as the other one but with a different suffix letter.

If you put those part numbers into Google you’ll get quite a few returns.

At quite a few different prices.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post