Unknown warning light

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

Yesterday we were driving on a country lane at about 30 mph when there was a warning 'bong' and a very brief icon like an orange cross appeared in the central display of the instrument cluster. My wife was driving, so I only had a brief glance before it went. No other warning lights came on and we drove for the rest of the journey without any problems. I cannot find any mention in the handbook, so can anyone help?
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.

2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

Sounds like it's the radar detection thingy that puts the brakes on if you're too close to something and the system thinks you are going to hit it.
Front Assist I think it's called.
It has a tendency to go off in error on country lanes. Mine once went off in a narrow lane of cones on the motorway. But it also went off correctly when I thought the traffic ahead was moving but it wasn't! You can adjust the sensitivity if you wish.
It's been discussed on this forum elsewhere as it's a bit of an issue sometimes.
Karog 1.5TSi SEL DSG Quartz grey
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

That's a great answer 2968Mogul and probably explains what happened. The road was leading to Bempton Cliffs, narrow with passing places, and in the past I've noticed the park assist display comes on if the nearside is very close to undergrowth. So maybe we were closer than expected. although the brakes didn't come on. I'll borrow a friends' bollard and drive right up to it to see whether a warning comes on, as seen the other day.

]Edit: The term 'Front Assist' led me to page 236 in the handbook and the display in the cluster is shown, not as I rememberd, but that must be it, but orange on the display. Many thanks - mystery solved.[/b]
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
quinton77

Post by quinton77 »

Skoda Karoq
Hi, any opinions on this car? I was interested in a octavia but looking at the karoq it seems to tick all the right boxes.

It comes at a decent price for what it's offering. The upper trim level Style has a lot of features included (led headlights, Acc), and the 1.5L Tsi with ACT sounds like a good deal on paper.

One wierd thing I noticed, when I did a car configuration, you can get the heated windshield only on diesel versions and not petrol. This made me wonder if being a new entry will bring its share of problems later on...even though it's basically a tweaked Tiguan.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Quinton,
See my reply to your quandary in your other posting.
I presume you are not in U.K as you refer to 'STYLE' which is not a U.K. Model.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post