Rear Fog Lights 1 or 2 ?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Mel5454

Post by Mel5454 »

Hi,

Not having checked before, I find that my SEL only has one rear fog light - I would have expected two. The nearside area where I would have expected one to be appears to have no fittings inside at all.

Is this how all Karogs are, or have I a problem with mine?

Incidentally, quite surprised to find that pulling the fog light switch puts on the front fogs first, then the rear one.

Mel
2019M 1.5 DSG SEL Petrol Blue with electric seat

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Only one rear fog light is fitted to the Karoq.

Pull out fog light switches putting the front on first is pretty standard; my old Fords did the same. (Probably so that the sort of idiot who likes to drive around with his front fogs on all night does not have to blind the guy behind him.)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Been like this for years. My 1998 Passat was the same except it had the fittings in the other light so adding a bulb was no problem.
My 2010 Yeti only had one rear fog.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Dr.Aziz

Post by Dr.Aziz »

Hey guys, greetings from Russia. Does anyone of you guys have part number for your rear fog light? I mean the one in the rear right. My karoq has one in the left side. In the right side is just a buttafour reflector
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

The logic is that one fog lamp will stand out more.

If you can find the correct light unit you may still need to program the canbus. The days of just putting a bulb in the other side are long gone.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post