Winter runflat tyres for Karoq

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Mark-Guildford

Post by Mark-Guildford »

Has anybody put runflat versions of winter tyres on their Karoq? I was looking to get some for my wife's Karoq. I know that runflats are more expensive, and generally give a harder ride, but I do like the security of knowing that if we get a puncture, we can drive to somewhere safe to change the wheel, and in most cases the 50-mile limit of runflats would allow us to even drive all the way home.

I couldn't find any winter runflats for our current 18" wheels which were fitted as standard on our SE-L trim (215/50/R18), or even for the 17" wheels which are available and fitted as standard on the SE trim (215/55/R17). But I did find winter runflats (BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK LM00) for the 16" wheels which are available for the Karoq (215/60/R16), and I presume that the bigger profile tyres (60 rather than 50) means that the ride should still be sufficiently comfortable.

Any thoughts?

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

If you have never driven on runflats, I suggest you do so before spending your money.
I sold my mini cooper because I couldn't put up with awful ride they gave.
A friend of mine did the same for the same reason on his BMW 330.
Bear in mind also that you have 3 years breakdown cover, so let somebody else change your wheel.
If you haven't got a spare, you can get one for about the same price as a run flat.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Mark-Guildford

Post by Mark-Guildford »

Hi,
Thanks for your advice. Yes, I'm familiar with runflats. I've been using them for the past 8 years on 3 different BMW cars. I've found the ride to be fine with 17" wheels on both a 520d estate and on my current 2-Series Gran Tourer. But I did indeed find the ride a bit too hard with some 18" wheels which I had for the winter tyres of my old 520d estate. That's why I'm thinking that the ride would probably be OK on our Karoq if I go for the 16" wheels rather than the 17" or 18" wheels which have lower profile tyres.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Thanks,

You obviously have more experience of them than I do so I will have to leave it up to you.
cheers.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post