WLAN

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

We are having trouble setting-up our WLAN, so we need to go to a Vodafone shop to sort out the Internet access on my wife's Android 'phone.
Although it's 'free' for the first year, it seems expensive afterwards and to my inexperienced eye, the features seem limited, particularly as we hardly do any long journeys nowadays. Has anyone used it and if so what are the benefits? Thanks in advance.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Jimmy,

I am not sure what you mean. The wireless lan is a hotspot inside the car that allows devices to connect to the web. I have used it when I had a couple of youngsters in the back and it worked but offered no advantage compared to simply setting my phone to act as a mobile hotspot.

I did not specify the option to have a SIM card in the car as I see little advantage in having an additional cell phone bill. Is that what you are asking about? Or are you wrestling with getting the car to connect to your cell phone for traffic information on the navigation system?

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

...or is it just setting up the phone mirroring on the central screen?

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Jimmy of Whitby

Thanks for the answers. The 'phone is set up for hands-free operation. What I've been trying to do is to link the 'phone to the WLAN just to see what Skoda Connect can do for me. There isn't a slot in the Amundsen for a SIM card, but Skoda offer an expensive adaptor to plug in to the USB port.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
clacson

Post by clacson »

Do you have registered to Skoda Connect?
- https://skoda-connect.com/portal/en_GB/web/guest/login
--- Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Style Quartz Grey my2019 ---
Jimmy of Whitby

Thanks Clacson. I have registered but now my wife's 'phone is connected to the Internet I still can't log in. It goes as far as asking for the network key. I've tried the WLAN code and the Hotspot code, but no luck. If it needs the Vodafone netwoek key, that is inside with the SIM card and 'phone is stuck on to the carry case.