Does anybody use the Skoda Connect or My Skoda apps?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Does anybody use the Skoda Connect or My Skoda apps? And, if so, what for?

After around 14 months of ownership, I still have absolutely no reason to investigate these apps beyond an initial cursory glance. Do they actually provide any value or are they just another one of those "got to have one of those" features that marketing types like to force on us?

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

wakev

Post by wakev »

Decided not to bother with it, burn dater for little gain, not something i want to do lol. It might help with the sat nav but mine is good enough without it :-)
Karoq 2lt TDi sportsline.
Previous 4 yeti's over 10 years
FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

I played with the Connect app when I first got the car in March, it doesn’t seem to do much, certainly not worth paying for, but on a recent trip down to Italy it would sometimes connect via my phone and the Amundsen would often warn of ‘traffic obstruction on route’ or ‘stationary traffic ahead’ and would advise that ‘the route has been recalculated’........all well and good but it never showed where the problem was or indeed how long the delay might be.......either way, there’s easier ways to get th info with a mobile connection.
clacson

Post by clacson »

I use the Skoda Connect, it have advantages if your car is not front of your door. In winter time I start the webasto heater before leaving home, in summer time when hot I could start the cooling (it does not start climatronic), but even the air circulation helps.
It is easy to check the doors and windows and you can close them remotely, if you have leaved them open. Never used the remote light blinking or horn.
Those systems annual fees increase the motoring costs so marginally that I can pay for those.
--- Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Style Quartz Grey my2019 ---
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Looks like the majority here have no use for it. I certainly see no value in spending time on it. Bit like KESSY really, they want to say they have it but it really adds nothing I need.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post