Which optional equipment?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
j3132

Post by j3132 »

Hi all,
I'm about to order a new Karoq 1.5TSI SE L and was wondering if anyone had any strong view about what optional equipment to add and also which ones aren't worth the bother/cost?

I have a dog and two teenage kids (plus wife) and the car would be used mainly for commuting to work which is a 80 mile round trip, half on country roads and half on dual carriageway.

So far I've added leather upholstery, virtual cockpit and space saving spare wheel.

For the dog I'm thinking I may need the "Partition Net Screen" and the "Double-sided boot floor".
Also the "Traffic sign recognition" seems a cheap option

Any other must haves that aren't stupid money?

Thanks in advance!

Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

The Skoda dog guard is good as it's secured to the vehicle, rather than some cheaper versions using the headrests and the roller-blind rear shelf works with it too. It comes with a rubber mat and a protector for the rear bumper. The Skoda mats are good as they have a turned-up edge, like a tray, which contains the dirt. I bought a service plan, which was reduced as a part of the deal to £159, which covers a major and a minor service. I've also had the Skoda mud flaps and sill scuff plates. A friend has the ambient lighting option, but the novelty soon wears off! Also, if you want the four year extended warranty, you can only have the factory version if it is ordered pre-registration as I found out to my annoyance as I had specified it, but as the car was already in the UK I could only buy the Skoda UK four-year extension.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
Mark-Guildford

Post by Mark-Guildford »

Virtual cockpit is great.
Heated windscreen would come in handy in winter if you leave your car outside at night (no need to scrape the ice off in the morning).
Traffic sign recognition is a very cheap option.
Auto light assist isn't too pricey.
If you have kids, the Family Pack is only £100.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Traffic sign recognition is a bit of a misnomer.
It is linked to the sat nav and puts up speed limit signs ONLY. It won't tell you, for example, that there is a 'no entry' sign or any other street 'furniture'.
I have never had ACC and wish I had. It makes for much easier driving.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)