Engine warm-up time

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

I've noticed that the water temperature is up to 90 degrees extremely quickly, in less than a mile of motoring. Have other 1.5 petrol engine owners seen this?
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.

FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

Yes, curious, but oil temperature takes much longer to reach anywhere near what might be considered ‘normal’.......
FDW

Post by FDW »

Yes, I was thinking that the water level must be low,even though it never goes past half way up the scale. I also have noticed that the oil temp does not give any reading for quite a while.
No more Bigfoot. Business Grey 1.5 SE with a spare tyre (Just like me :) )
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Petrols always warm up quicker. More of the fuel energy is lost in heat.
Diesels are more efficient in converting fuel to power.
Don’t worry about it.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Jimmy of Whitby

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't concerned, just impressed. It will be interesting to see how long the heater takes to put out warmth as our (diesel) Yeti was amazingly quick, even though the water temperature hadn't got to normal. I'll check how long the oil takes to get to 90 degrees.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
StewartDM

Post by StewartDM »

Sorry for late response, only just joined. If it's like the 2 litre and I think it is, you have a split system, coolant only circulates round the top end during warm up, that includes exhaust manifold and turbocharger, so that circuit warms up very quickly. Second circuit and then radiator don't open with thermostats, but electronically controlled valves, the lower the revs and the lower the load, the higher the temp is allowed to get. Heater should heat up quickly.
Jimmy of Whitby

Thanks Stewart.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post