Parcel shelf/retractable liner

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Skoda_yoda

Post by Skoda_yoda »

Hi all. This is my first post since picking up my 2.0tdi 4x4 sportline in black last week.
Have to say I'm loving the car so far.
Our car came with a rigid parcel shelf, but we are wanting to put our dog in the boot to prevent the interior getting dirty. Just wondering how everyone travels with their dog in the car. I would have preferred to have the retractable liner as I can just pull it back when I put the dog in the car, could I swap the rigid lid for a retractable one easy :D enough? If not I may just have to remove the solid parcel shelf and leave it out as I take the dog to the park in the car daily.
Thanks.
Skoda_yoda :D

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have the retractable type and with 2 26Kg Lurchers I have to take even that right out and push the 2 outside back seats right forwards.
depends on how often you need to put the dog in the car, mine go in twice a day so the cover is permanently removed. I only use for the dogs.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

Hi Skoda-yoda. We have a greyhound plus the Skoda dog guard and she fits in the boot easily even with the retractable shelf in place. There is more room for her than in the Yeti. I'm still using a boot liner from our Roomster, with modifications to fasten it to the tie-down points and the rear flap plus the net allows us to store things like bottled water, doggie bits, bottle jack etc behind her..
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
Skoda_yoda

Post by Skoda_yoda »

Hi. Thanks for the replies. My dog is only a small shih tzu, but we didnt want her jumping up on the seats when she is mucky, especially come winter. I was hoping I could buy the retractable liner and replace the solid parcel shelf but think the boot interior will be different depending which type you have. I may have to just completely remove the parcel shelf and just invest in a good bootliner. I will have a look on the forum as to which bootliner is recommended.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

This might help.https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... r&_sacat=0
I bought one for my Kodiaq from Ebay, can't remember which one I'm afraid.
I use one from one of my Yetis which is the same width but a bit shorter . then a couple of thicknesses of 'vetbed' topped off with a large old bath towel. Then you can whip it out and put it in the washing machine. More comfortable for the hound that lying on ahard boot liner.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post