Beeping when locking

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Mel5454

Post by Mel5454 »

Hi,

My Karoq beeps, quite quietly once I have locked it, and i can not find anything about this in the owners Manual Could it be that it is an audible warning that the alarm system is arming itself - it does stop after a while.

Would appreciate it if someone could confirm my thoughts, or suggest other reason.

Thanks,

Mel

1.5 tsi, 2018 model

FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

Could be the alarm siren backup battery on the way out, it’s a VCDS or dealer check I’d think......you could try 2 locking presses with the fob to disable the alarm though I’m not sure that would cancel the beeps, assuming of course it is the backup battery.
Mel5454

Post by Mel5454 »

Hi Furniture Girl,

I'm sorry but I put rubbish information on the forum - when I lock the car I get a continuous quiet high pitched noise for a while (not beeping)

Don't know if that will allow you another suggestion - car is only 8 months old (5K) so I would think unlikely to be a battery failure - but you could be right - I'll get Skoda Garage to advise when it gets serviced unless I can sort it before.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

I think that might be normal, ours makes an 'intriguing' noise after we park / lock -up, which could be described as high pitched and I'm told it's the oil pump or water pump running to cool some vital bits.....?
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

As far as I am aware (& is normal) Oil pump is gear driven and water pump belt driven, therefore in both cases, engine not running, then neither are those two items.
I must admit that I am at a loss to explain your high pitched noises. Never happened to either of my Karoqs. 68& 19 reg, both 1.5 DSG
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Mel5454

Post by Mel5454 »

Hi All

Thanks for your comments - it has done it ever since I had it (Nov 18), and neither does anything seem untoward, nor has it got any worse, so I'll ask at the Oct service for advice.
Guyboy

Post by Guyboy »

Hi all

Just an observation - I get two 'whines' when the car locks. The mirrors make a whining sound as they retract to their parking position and there's another whine about two seconds long from somewhere under the bonnet/chassis, origin unknown. Only had the car for a day so not an authority on it!
Mel5454

Post by Mel5454 »

Hi
Yes this sounds very much like my "noise" - it is not the wing mirrors but appears to be from under the bonnet. having been listening now for it (I park in a quiet carport), it appears not to be there every time I lock the car - whether it is dependent upon how long a journey or something else I have not yet resolved.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Mel5454 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:30 pm Hi,

My Karoq beeps, quite quietly once I have locked it, and i can not find anything about this in the owners Manual Could it be that it is an audible warning that the alarm system is arming itself - it does stop after a while.

Would appreciate it if someone could confirm my thoughts, or suggest other reason.

Thanks,

Mel

1.5 tsi, 2018 model
Quite normal. Most cars 'beep' when the alarm is set. If you touch the door pad twice (or press the 'lock button on the fob twice) it will disarm the interior sensor , so you can lock dog, child or granny inside without the alarm going off with interior movement.
If you have the pan roof and park with it open. you MUST remember to double click when locking or any air movement inside the car will set the alarm off
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post