Permanently deactivate stop-start?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Mark-Guildford

Post by Mark-Guildford »

Is it possible to permanently deactivate the automatic stop-start system?

The owners’ manual explains how to deactivate it for the duration of a journey, but that it is then automatically reactivated the next time you turn the ignition on.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

DO NOT! Be tempted to cut any wires to disable it. The default, if you do, is that the car will not start at all!! and your warranty will go out of the window!
I understand it may be able to be turned off permanently using an OBD machine
https://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools ... stBid=tzwt
Such as your dealer has to check the electronics.
I am sure, however, that they will refuse to do so on instructions from Skoda.

Electronics are not my bag, so I can give no further information re OBDs.
You may find a technician local to you is capable and willing to make the alteration for you, but 1. he may not know what he is doing and therefore bugg** up you car or 2. it may negate your warranty. Skoda need no excuse to disown a warranty claim.
One way you can turn it off without pushing the button every time is set the air-con to a temp far away from ambient. The extra power required to get the a/c to 'catch up' will stop the Start/Stop working.
Most of my driving is in the crowded Poole conurbation so I find it quite useful just to forget it and let it do it's own thing.
Proceed with care!!!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

I’ve had mine disabled and it’s made my commute far more relaxed......just a simple tweak with VCDS.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Well done.
Who did it, assume not a Skoda dealer?
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
TJJ

Post by TJJ »

Hi Mark (I posted this on another topic but may help)

I too hate stop start and was switching it off at every start but you some times forget and then that delay restarting can be dangerous.

Solution was have it off permanently (only 10 pound UK)

I bought a Carista OBD adaptor for 10 quid (here was $19 AUD) plus post. This plugs into a pink socket under the dash drivers side. You download the app to your Android or apple phone and the first month is free and fully functional. (its is $53 a year or $15 a week after that but once stop start is gone why bother?)

It connects by Bluetooth and does lots of customisation (depends on what's fitted) and dead easy to use. Just remember to cancel the subscription in Play Store before the trial is up.

Two methods to get rid of it. Method two will not work. Method one you set the voltage to 12.1v and when the sys/cpu in the car checks the voltage it is always too low so stop start fails to activate. There is even a stop/start warning light that come on in MFD re stop/start symbol with a circle and slash through it telling you stop/start didn't activate, great!

For the 10 quid that it cost its worth every penny.

There are other ODB devises and apps but I found this the cheapest and easiest.

TJ
Karoq 1.5 DSG Oz Launch Ed. Candy White 19"
My other car's a Yeti

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post