1.5 Tsi 4x4 Ending? SCOUT AT MEADENS 50 miles only pre-reg

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
DJ_999

Post by DJ_999 »

Hi

Does anyone have anymore information about what the planned replacement for the 4x4 range is going to be?

Im looking at purchasing one in the near future as my Superb has come to the end of its lease

I've heard from a dealer that the 1.5 Tsi 4x4 DSG is about to end production? Anyone else heard this?

Also with the 4x4 range, is it permanently in 4WD or can you manually force it into 2WD?
Thanks in advance

DJ

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

The Skoda configurator is still showing the 1.5TSi with 4x4, not that the configurator is always up to date. If you really want the 4x4 I'd suggest you call Skoda UK and ask them.

The way the Haldex 4x4 system works is that it is in 2wd unless slippage is detected, when it switches to 4x4 mode. This is slightly counter-intuitive to the driver as it means that when you start to lose traction you need to keep the power on (or even increase it) or the wheel will gain grip and the Haldex system will revert immediately to 2wd. I don't believe you can manually disengage the Haldex system to force the car to stay in 2wd but I can't think of any good reason for doing so either...

Hope that helps,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
DJ_999

Post by DJ_999 »

Thanks Ian thats helpful

Cheers
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

I have the 2L diesel 4x4 manual. There is a button to choose between normal,sport economy and snow ,which is permanent 4wd .The economy setting is pretty much useless
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Rumour confirmed today by Meadens,
See below.
"Rumour confirmed I’m afraid. No sooner was it here, they are stopping production. The last update said ordering will be closed in “less than 5 weeks”. So basically they have X amount of build slots left, and when they are gone, they are gone. We get a new update Monday, which will either be the same, or confirm it is closed. I have no idea if it will be back or not. It has been popular, so hopefully. Although pressure to reduce co2 emissions may take over. We’ll see!"
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

DJ_999 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:12 pm Hi

Does anyone have anymore information about what the planned replacement for the 4x4 range is going to be?

Im looking at purchasing one in the near future as my Superb has come to the end of its lease

I've heard from a dealer that the 1.5 Tsi 4x4 DSG is about to end production? Anyone else heard this?

Also with the 4x4 range, is it permanently in 4WD or can you manually force it into 2WD?
Thanks in advance

DJ
Dj I don't know where you are, but Meadens of Brockenhurst (New Forest) have a Karoq Scout in emerald green with only 50 FIVE O miles on it here.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... out&page=1
Sorry, but I've nobbled the Edition! Like hens teeth now. I think Meadens will deliver. If you go for it. Speak to Tom Sexton the dealer principal and mention my name.
cheers.
Colin Lambert.
p.s. I've also P.M.'d you the same message.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post