Drive mode - remembering/storing preferred default mode

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Milfmog wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:02 pm I believe the mode resets to normal each time the ignition is switched off. The car may try to con you though as the main screen continues to show the previously selected mode anc the mode button stays lit even though the car has reverted to normal. The MFD between the dials will display correctly.

Have fun,

Ian.
Not on mine it doesn't Ian.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kodiaq wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:50 pm
Milfmog wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:02 pm I believe the mode resets to normal each time the ignition is switched off. The car may try to con you though as the main screen continues to show the previously selected mode anc the mode button stays lit even though the car has reverted to normal. The MFD between the dials will display correctly.

Have fun,

Ian.
Not on mine it doesn't Ian.
Sorry, Colin, you lost me.

Are you saying that yours does not display incorrectly on the infotainment screen or that the selected mode persists? Either way, it sounds like my dealer will be doing a software upgrade to correct my car's behaviour.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Ian,
What I mean is that having selected 'ECO' next time I start the engine, "ECO" stays highlighted for one second and then reverts to 'Normal'
So every time I start the car I have to select the mode I want.
See my e to dealer and his reply.
cheers,
Colin.
Hello Carl,
Have you had any luck?
This is a hot topic on the forum and is annoying many.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=412
One chap came up with this.

https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualS ... df#page=57

I am not sure about my car. I have electric seat, I can set mirrors to auto dip etc but I was only given 2 keys, See the part about cars with different user settings being supplied with 3 keys.
Many thanks.

Good morning Mr Lambert Unfortunately as of yet I am unable to get this function to work! I have played around with the coding on a few different control units but none of these seem to be allowing individual mode to stay selected I will however keep trying and let you know how I get on.
Regards,
Carl Bartlett
Workshop Controller

Master Technician
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
petewarduk

Post by petewarduk »

So after a frustrating 15 minutes of trying yesterday I noticed the bit, at the end of the information, about personalisation only being available on cars with three keys :(

Checking current car configurator on the Skoda UK site it shows as a £35 option.

karoq.JPG

:roll:
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

What is your chosen drive mode. Mine is normal and it stays in normal unless I pull the shift back into sport.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

My chosen is 'ECO' .
'Normal' is the default mode.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

I choose ECO too. It disengages the clutches as appropriaite to let the car coast but immediately re-engages on braking or accelerating. It also switches on the stop/start, which I set on again. I noticed today that at traffic lights, I'd forgotten to switch off stop/start and the engine switched off as electric handrake was on with no need to keep the foot brake pressed. However it restarted after about half a minute and I need to check in moore detail what the time limit is. I tried sport mode briefly and it reduced the effect of the power steering.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post