KESSY

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kodiaq wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 am "At least KESSY should not allow you to start the car unless the key is inside the vehicle.
Have fun,
Ian"
It doesn't!
Try it.
I can stand right by the open drivers door and the key is not detected. It does have to be actually IN the car.
Indeed (I did, ages ago) but I do not have faith that things never go wrong, so the fact it worked properly once does not convince me that the system could not fail.

There is also the fact that the system that detects the key inside the car, as opposed to outside, is just another layer of complexity and expense that would not be needed with a "proper" (and more secure) key.

My take on KESSY is that it has been driven by marketing people who want another "benefit" to sell. I truth it is a feature that may or may not be a benefit but it has indisputably made the car to another method of security breach.

Just sayin'

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I agree entirely Ian,
They are all trying to be 'one up' on other manufacturers. 'Ooh look at us we've got a virtual dashboard' ' We've got internet connectivity'. Yes but ours is FREE forever' and so it goes on ad infinitum.
Most of it is unnecessary cr@p, especially if one is not a business car user.
For office workers and retired old f@rts like me it is a load of complicated unrequired rubbish.
Frankly I would not mind if it didn't even have a built in sat nav.I find My Garmin, although obviously much smaller screen, to be far more useful than any built in system I have aver had.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Colin,

Sounds like you and I came from the same mould. :D

I still use my ageing Garmin in preference to the built-in unit when I really need to navigate somewhere; it simply works better.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Milfmog wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 am
kodiaq wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 am "At least KESSY should not allow you to start the car unless the key is inside the vehicle.
Have fun,
Ian"
It doesn't!
Try it.
I can stand right by the open drivers door and the key is not detected. It does have to be actually IN the car.
Indeed (I did, ages ago) but I do not have faith that things never go wrong, so the fact it worked properly once does not convince me that the system could not fail.

There is also the fact that the system that detects the key inside the car, as opposed to outside, is just another layer of complexity and expense that would not be needed with a "proper" (and more secure) key.

My take on KESSY is that it has been driven by marketing people who want another "benefit" to sell. I truth it is a feature that may or may not be a benefit but it has indisputably made the car to another method of security breach.

Just sayin'

Ian.
Just sayin' ? Sounds like you're apologizing for saying something you are entitled to say, no need for apologies.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Apologising? No; just recognising that others will have different but equally valid opinions. :D

Have fun,

Ian.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post