1.0 TSI OR 2.0 TDI

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

Hi.I got the 2L diesel 4x4 last June. I do some motorway driving but majority of driving is between Clonmel and Kilkenny. I got the 4x4 because I drive a lot at night and liked the idea of having the extra grip on bad roads. MPG is around 47 but if I drive at 50 mph it improves substantially. I could probably get by on the 1L petrol and no 4x4 but TBH the 2L diesel has bags of power and I enjoy being able to take advantage of it.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:04 pm I guess the 1.0L being less powerful than 1.5 may be the reason it's better with a manual box, but there's not much in it really
A similar situation exists with the 1.5TSi front wheel drive:

6 gear manual: 40.9 - 37.7 mpg (124 g/km carbon)
7 gear DSG: 38.2 - 35.8 mpg (128 g/km carbon)
7 gear DSG 4x4: 34.5 - 32.8 (149 g/km carbon)

No figures on the Skoda UK website for the 1.5 manual 4x4 so I cannot compare the 4 x 4 manual and auto options to one another, but I was surprised by just how much the Haldex system adds to the car's thirst.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

PDriver40 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:17 pm Hi.I got the 2L diesel 4x4 last June. I do some motorway driving but majority of driving is between Clonmel and Kilkenny. I got the 4x4 because I drive a lot at night and liked the idea of having the extra grip on bad roads. MPG is around 47 but if I drive at 50 mph it improves substantially. I could probably get by on the 1L petrol and no 4x4 but TBH the 2L diesel has bags of power and I enjoy being able to take advantage of it.
I took a holiday in clonmel many years ago, very nice people there.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
jasbruk

Post by jasbruk »

I have had my moon white metallic 1.0 tsi SE NAV Plus for a couple of weeks now. I wondered about performance as my last car was an Audi tt tdi.
Around town and on main roads it's great. I have done some motorway drives without any problem whatsoever. I set cruise control at 70 and 75 and it was comfortable. Well capable of more withut straining. The cruise control and automatic braking gets some getting used to. I cannot believe it's a 1 litre engine under the bonnet. It has a confident growl during acceleration. I guess the way diesel is going and your requirements that petrol is the way forward. (I am a convert from diesel). The refinement of the Karoq is amazing.
I will let everyone know more about the 1.0 tsi on motorways later in the week. I'm going on a road trip to Amsterdam with my wife and son. Should be a good test.
jasbruk

Post by jasbruk »

Got back from my Amsterdam road tripa few days ago and I was pleasantly surprised by the 1.0tsi on the motorway. It cruised comfortable between 70 and 80mph. The cruise control is great. Averaged 48mpg at those speeds. I thought that it would sound like it was on the edge of its limits at that speed but not so. Acceleration is decent but off the mark it's no sports car, but I guess we know tat. The ride is still very good. The suspension is so comfortable. Day in day out it's easy to like the 1.0tsi. It lives with town traffic and short journeys nicely too.
As an aside, I have used the free umbella and detachable light in the boot already. Clever design.
Jason
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the update Jasbruk.

Reports like this all help others who are trying to decide which engine they should specify.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670