Autowatch Ghost

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
granty09

Post by granty09 »

Hi Guys,

Just wondered whether anybody has any experience of Autowatch Ghost; a really discreet engine immobiliser connected to the CANbus system that requires a series of in car key presses to activate the starter motor!

I've read lots of good things and really considering, especially with todays latest news of even more car thefts due to keyless entry.

What I really want to know if anyone has any experience with it, is how likely it is to affect the skoda warrenty? Skoda online told me any 3rd party security device may affect the warranty as it might have a negative affect on the car, however it seems that it is so discreet, many technicians can't even find it. It also has a service mode so you don't have to disclose the code to the dealership when you take it in for a service.

Any info on it would be great if anyone has any experience with it!

Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I just messaged skoda uk about a brand new karoq being stolen and what can be done to reduce the risk of theft.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
granty09

Post by granty09 »

Ford pop racer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:39 pm I just messaged skoda uk about a brand new karoq being stolen and what can be done to reduce the risk of theft.
Was it yours that was stolen? If so, sorry to hear that! I haven't taken delivery of the Karoq yet however the KESSY system really worries me! I'm probably over thinking it. I'm sure a decent faraday case will help or a metal tin but still! I know all cars will be like that one day but there we go...
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

No not mine, I saw it on Facebook. Faraday case, is that for the keyfob?
I'm Paul
granty09

Post by granty09 »

Ford pop racer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:59 pm No not mine, I saw it on Facebook. Faraday case, is that for the keyfob?
Yes for the keyfob, to block the signals that the key gives out, hopefully meaning that if someone tried to scan around the house with a range extender to try get into the car without the key, they wouldn't be able to!
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

That's what I like about my 1957 ford popular, no fancy stuff, just take the ht lead with me when I park it and pull a few wires off.
I'm Paul
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

granty09 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:17 pm
Ford pop racer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:59 pm No not mine, I saw it on Facebook. Faraday case, is that for the keyfob?
Yes for the keyfob, to block the signals that the key gives out, hopefully meaning that if someone tried to scan around the house with a range extender to try get into the car without the key, they wouldn't be able to!
I just disable Kessy when my car is parked at home or when I am sleeping close by. The rest of the time, shopping etc I just use it as normal.

What is the problem?

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
granty09

Post by granty09 »

sanqhar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:03 am
granty09 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:17 pm
I just disable Kessy when my car is parked at home or when I am sleeping close by. The rest of the time, shopping etc I just use it as normal.

What is the problem?

Tom
The problem is probably just me overthinking the system! It'll be our first KESSY car and with a young family the slightest thought of security worries me, but it is what it is and I should stop thinking about the what ifs :)
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

If you are really worried disable the keyless bit every time you lock the car.

Lock with the keyfob and within five seconds touch the door sensor. Kessy disabled, no need for faraday pouches or tin boxes.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
granty09

Post by granty09 »

sanqhar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 am If you are really worried disable the keyless bit every time you lock the car.

Lock with the keyfob and within five seconds touch the door sensor. Kessy disabled, no need for faraday pouches or tin boxes.

Tom
Thanks Tom