Have I made the right decision?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

Everyday I get in my Karoq and think back to the days of my previous 2 diesel Audi Q3 Quattro’s.
So, have I made the right decision?
Yes, because if I’m honest all I miss is the diesel fuel consumption and the awesome Quattro. Do I miss the manual box - hell no! Do I miss that clunky sat nav - nope! Do I miss the way my car lost 15% in value after emissions scandal - not on your life!!!!
What I do love is the DSG, the SE-L spec, how comfortable it is, the colour and overall way the car drives (excluding the 4x4 part obviously).
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Loving my 1.5 DSG Karoq! Wife also loves it.
You have made the right decision,
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Have you worked out the benefit, or not, of the better consumption versus the 10pppl extra cost of derv?
My Karoq did 45 to the gallon on a 40mile A road trip last week, driven up to the speed limits all the way.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

Hi. It's great to read all the different opinions about cars on here .For what it's worth I'm absolutely delighted with my Karoq. I smile all the time driving it. The only thing I would change given the opportunity is I would put a sunroof in. I didn't when ordering because of the prohibitive cost and also I added a few extras that raised the price. Happy motoring.
chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

After 11 months of Karoqness, It gets more bland (IMO) as every day passes......
After nearly 4 years of sometimes quite exciting ownership of a BMW I'm looking forward to some "blandness" for a bit. My excitement included:

1. Driver seat lumber support adjustment button broke on first use.
2. The frame for the middle set of rear sets having to be replaced twice.
3. Loss of power in the overtaking lane of the A1 resulting in limp home mode, which miraculously resolved itself at Peterborough services (other services are available :) ).
4. Two replacement EGR valves.
5. Possibly the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat in of any car I've owned or driven for the past 40 years.

It wasn't all bad though - my favourite feature being the HUD; in my view a genuine game changer when it comes to enhanced safety. All cars should have them.
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

"It wasn't all bad though"
You mean it didn't catch fire?? :lol:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -fire.html
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

Mine wasn't a "proper" BMW Colin (not in BMW circles anyway ;) ). Front wheel drive you see so definitely not considered a real beamer by the cognoscenti. Probably why it was never in any danger of catching fire! :lol:
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel