Are You happy with new Karoq

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Thomas2019

Post by Thomas2019 »

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new Skoda karoq with 1.5 TSI. May I know, Are owners happy with your new karoq?
Have anybody got Varioflex seats? if so, Are You recommended that to add?

Hatter

Post by Hatter »

I’ve got the 1.5 SEL DSG and I’m very happy with it.
It’s comes with the varioflex seats and found them easy to take out and replace the couple of times I’ve removed them.

The only thing I’ve found a bit patchy with it is the sat nav, seems to have a mind of its own at times and take you round the houses.

Hope this helps you out..
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I am generally happy with the car. The Varioflex seats are really useful if, like me, you sometimes wish you had a van. I had a Yeti with varioflex before the Karoq and loved the flexibility it provided so, had I been buying an SE I would undoubtedly have added varioflex seats to my specification even if I could only afford one optional upgrade.

The sat nav is kak; as it has been in every car that I've used built in sat nav. A cheap Garmin or TomTom unit has far better mapping. Having said that, if you engage your brain to plan your general route and pay attention to where you are, the sat nav is fine, it just has a habit of taking you off motorways just to bring you back to them the other side of the junction and has done similar things to me from A roads taking me through villages that really were not suitable for the traffic. This is not about choosing the shortest or fastest or most economical route, it is simply bad advice from the navigation system but if you look ahead you should have no problem recognising when itis being silly. (I am used to sanity checking route guidance; my wife used to provide it and there have been many occasions when I've been told to turn onto a motorway in the wrong direction...)

There are also a few other minor bugs in the software around the drive mode selection, but nothing major that I have encountered yet.

It is unquestionably a better car than the Yeti it replaced in every objective measure, but somehow I still don't enjoy the Karoq as much; it is just a bit bland.

Have fun,

ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Agree with the comments above. Certainly the most comfortable and versatile car I have owned...

Varioflex seats are well worth having in my opinion, truly flexible and easy to move / remove as required even with heated rear seats.

Re: sat nav - if I have planned a journey and just want a rough idea of distance left / arrival time I'll use the inbuilt nav, otherwise I use google maps via Android Auto (which works seamlessly btw).

Enjoy!
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Very happy with my 1.5tsi dsg. Varioflex seats are easy to fold and remove once I knew how. Sales people at the dealer didn't know how to fold the middle seat, idiots. Sat nav is fine, only thing I haven't checked out in the handbook is the different coloured route options. Will wheel spin too easily on wet road but just have to be mindful of that.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

After 1 Fabia estate, 3 Yetis and a Kodiaq. The Karoq is way the best!
I have yet to take the seats out but have 2 large lurchers to move about. Pushing the two outside seats as far forward as possible and backrests upright, gives them much more space. Just a pity the centre seat doesn't slide.
I don't use the sat nav much, but when I have I have found it perfectly adequate.
Overall a brilliant car.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

Colin.....I might be slow on the uptake here but, your footnote, it contains the line 'Beige leather S/saver', what's the S/saver?
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

FurnitureGirl wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:42 pm Colin.....I might be slow on the uptake here but, your footnote, it contains the line 'Beige leather S/saver', what's the S/saver?
I had a double take when I first saw that but, after a little thought guessed that it is missing a comma after "leather" and that S/saver is a space saver spare wheel. Of course, I may be wrong and if so I am sure Colin will put me right soon.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken... ;)
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

Milfmog wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:20 pm I had a double take when I first saw that but, after a little thought guessed that it is missing a comma after "leather" and that S/saver is a space saver spare wheel. Of course, I may be wrong and if so I am sure Colin will put me right soon.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken... ;)
Ah-ha....so obvious when looked at in isolation, I'd got some sort of leather protection in my mind...….Thanks, I can sleep easy now. 8-)
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Ok hands up! my grammatical error. The phantom missing comma before SPACE saver!
I hope now that is all crystal.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post