Dipped Headlights warning light

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
User avatar
Milfmog
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:35 am
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Milfmog » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:23 pm

prospero wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:43 pm
'apart from the fact that anyone 6' + often knock the lights on with a knee'

+1!
+2 :(
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670


Grumpy
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Grumpy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Backwards step. Yeti had 'same' system but had an green 'lights on' tell tale on the panel when the lights came on. Really miss this as it is awkward to look down at switch to check if on - equally the little roof LEDS which come on with the lights are almost invisible in daytime need to check on if foggy, but not dark, conditions.
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner


User avatar
Milfmog
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:35 am
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Milfmog » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:26 pm
Backwards step. Yeti had 'same' system but had an green 'lights on' tell tale on the panel when the lights came on. Really miss this as it is awkward to look down at switch to check if on - equally the little roof LEDS which come on with the lights are almost invisible in daytime need to check on if foggy, but not dark, conditions.
Was your Yeti a pre-facelift model? Mine (late 2014 registration) did not have a dashboard indicator for the lights, just the one on the switch collar.

Out of interest, why do you want a lights-on indicator? By day they do no harm and if it is dark enough to need them your dash will be unreadable without the lights. After years of Volvos (lights always on) and then the Yeti (automatic lights) I have become so used to the lights being on when I need them that I no longer even think of turning them on (which is not so good when I'm driving a hire car).

Have fun,


Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670


mikaroq
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by mikaroq » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 pm

To be fair, a quick glance down to check takes no longer than looking in one of the mirrors 😀
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.


Grumpy
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Reason tel tale is valuable is on bright but foggy days which we get in our part of the country. The brightness inhibits the lights coming on so they need to be manually turned on. The tel tale just makes it more obvious if the auto on has worked. We have loads of BMW's, Audis and Range Rovers tooling around with minimal lights on these days and no fog lights not required in these conditions
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner


Grumpy
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Forgot to add to above - Karoq has also lost the manual headlight level adjustment (halogen lamps). It is is there but stupidly now buried in the touch screen menus where no one will bother to look. The thumbwheel was obvious and easy to use - technology for technologies sake
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner


User avatar
kodiaq
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by kodiaq » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am

Grumpy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm
Forgot to add to above - Karoq has also lost the manual headlight level adjustment (halogen lamps). It is is there but stupidly now buried in the touch screen menus where no one will bother to look. The thumbwheel was obvious and easy to use - technology for technologies sake
MY red.
Article in this months CAR Magazine says just this and says that manufacturers are basically competing to see who can load their cars with as much techno-cr@p as they can,
The writer says (what I have been saying for at least three years) that very soon there will be a mega pile up caused by some idiot fiddling with his touch screen at 80mph on the motorway.
It is a disaster just waiting to happen. You can't use a hand held mobile, fiddling with a touch screen is IMHO FAR MORE dangerous.
Similar to taking hands off bars to blow ones nose at 40 mph on a push bike ;)
Kodiaq. AKA Colin Lambert. Located Poole, Dorset.
Karoq Edition 1.5 DSG, Petrol Blue, F&R Sensors, Beige leather & Spacer saver.
Pan roof, rear camera, blind spot, lane keeping. Dash cam.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & Kodiaq Forums.


User avatar
Milfmog
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:35 am
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Milfmog » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 pm

kodiaq wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am
Grumpy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm
Forgot to add to above - Karoq has also lost the manual headlight level adjustment (halogen lamps). It is is there but stupidly now buried in the touch screen menus where no one will bother to look. The thumbwheel was obvious and easy to use - technology for technologies sake
MY red.
Article in this months CAR Magazine says just this and says that manufacturers are basically competing to see who can load their cars with as much techno-cr@p as they can,
The writer says (what I have been saying for at least three years) that very soon there will be a mega pile up caused by some idiot fiddling with his touch screen at 80mph on the motorway.
It is a disaster just waiting to happen. You can't use a hand held mobile, fiddling with a touch screen is IMHO FAR MORE dangerous.
Similar to taking hands off bars to blow ones nose at 40 mph on a push bike ;)
Yup, far too much "we can, so we will" and far too little "It's pointless, leave it off" in modern car design. But the car's touch screen is no more likely to cause an accident than idiots playing with their phones, tuning their radios or searching for a lights-on tell tale that is not there.

On the subject off the headlight levelling control, why would you need to adjust it? The car has level sensors and auto levelling lights (hence the little up down dance the lights do when switched on). Maybe I am wrong and the Karoq designers did think it was pointless and leave it off... :)

Have fun,


Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670


Post Reply

Return to “Main Skoda Karoq chat”