Dipped Headlights warning light

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Mel5454
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Mel5454 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:36 pm

I've just bought a Karoq, and am very pleased with it. 1.5 tsi DSG SEL with electric seat, but think something has gone wrong with it.

I am sure that when I first had it (7 weeks ago), when the headlights were on dipped, there was a green warning light that appeared in the drivers display near to where the electric brake light is.

I may have been imagining it, but there is now no indication that the headlights are on - when I select main beam, a blue light appears inside the rev counter area, and i know that the headlights are working perfectly.

Is it possible for someone to resolve the issue of whether it is I or the car that is suffering from a malfunction.

Merry Christmas to all

Mel


User avatar
Milfmog
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:35 am
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Milfmog » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:17 am

Hi Mel,

There is nothing wrong with the car. The green "dipped light" symbol in the instrument cluster is telling you about your fog lights. There is a helpful table listing all the warning lights on page 40 of the owner's handbook.

The indicators of which of the main lights are on are in the collar around the light switch by your right knee.

Hope that helps,


Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670


Mel5454
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Mel5454 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:52 am

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply, and Merry Christmas.
I have "revisited" the situation, and I still have a problem (I think)
When the light switch is turned to the "sidelight" position, the sidelight symbol lights up, however when the switch is turned further to the "headlights" position, the headlight symbol does not light up, and i can not see any indications on page 40, nor in the car of any indication. When the two fog light are selected, both warnings appear within the speedo dial, and when i select "main beam", the blue warning appears with the rev counter dial.
Whilst this is not a significant issue for me, I was wondering whether it is something that ought to be put on the first service checks? (Next Oct)
Thanks again for your assistance
Mel


kodiaq
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by kodiaq » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:17 pm

I'm afraid it is the stupidity of the VAG system. (apart from the fact that anyone 6' + often knock the lights on with a knee.
The positions are Off . Sidelights, Headlights ON AUTO- no warning light unless the system has sensed dusk then Headlights on manual which should then have a tell-tale. plus R & R fogs if you turn them on.
Kodiaq…...AKA Colin Lambert.
Karoq SE L. 1.5 DSG emerald Green, F&R Sensors, Beige leather & Spacer saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering. (Me, not the car! ;) )
Moderator Karoq & Kodiaq Forums.


sanqhar
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:55 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by sanqhar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Today the Auto indicator did not light up until I started the car.

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....


Ford pop racer
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Ford pop racer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:18 am

Mel5454 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:52 am
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply, and Merry Christmas.
I have "revisited" the situation, and I still have a problem (I think)
When the light switch is turned to the "sidelight" position, the sidelight symbol lights up, however when the switch is turned further to the "headlights" position, the headlight symbol does not light up, and i can not see any indications on page 40, nor in the car of any indication. When the two fog light are selected, both warnings appear within the speedo dial, and when i select "main beam", the blue warning appears with the rev counter dial.
Whilst this is not a significant issue for me, I was wondering whether it is something that ought to be put on the first service checks? (Next Oct)
Thanks again for your assistance
Mel
when switched to side lights, do the sidelights come on. When switched to headlights do the headlights come on. This is without the car started.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul


Ford pop racer
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Ford pop racer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:19 am

sanqhar wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:00 pm
Today the Auto indicator did not light up until I started the car.

Tom
why would it?
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul


sanqhar
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:55 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by sanqhar » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:44 am

Ford pop racer wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:19 am
sanqhar wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:00 pm
Today the Auto indicator did not light up until I started the car.

Tom
why would it?
I’ve only had the car since Monday, I’m still trying to work it all out. Was it that the Auto indicator lit up because it was dusk and the headlights had “autoed” themselves on?

Tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....


Ford pop racer
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by Ford pop racer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:27 pm

If set to auto the light in the outer ring is lit when the car is running, that I do know. It's not something you would notice unless looking at it. Lights will come on when entering a tunnel or multi storey car park or when a bit dull. There is a lot to understand with these and I am just getting used to some of the features.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul


prospero
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Re: Dipped Headlights warning light

Post by prospero » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:43 pm

'apart from the fact that anyone 6' + often knock the lights on with a knee'

+1!


Post Reply

Return to “Main Skoda Karoq chat”