What would be your ideal Karoq?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Hi all
Been thinking about what would be your ideal Karoq spec if there were no limitations, just for a bit of fun. Mine would be as follows:
- Start off with my Edition Spec
- Replace 1.5 TSI with the engine from the Golf R :)
- Add adaptive damping
- Add 4WD
- Sportline / vRS styling, including different wheel options
- Some bright colour options (thinking vRS Green / Blue or even Orange!)

Would love to know what others would have / think of the above...
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.

Boblell

Post by Boblell »

I think I would rather go for comfort than speed. Keep my Edition Spec (1.5tsi DSG) and change the wheels to 18" down from 19" (not that I find the 19" wheels make it a hard ride). Add adaptive cruise, auto dimming lights, digital dash and maybe AWD for a more positive grip. That for me would be the perfect car!
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

4wd and heated steering wheel. Pretty much got everything else. Front wheel drive wheel spins too easily. I would have said manual as that was on my list but when the vehicle came up for sale with dsg, I'm pleased I got it.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Madian

Post by Madian »

Hi

I would like a combination of either full leather or a leather / alcantara mix seats along with having both the passenger and drivers seats fully electric ... something that I do very much miss.

Possibly an option to have an upgraded paint finish would be nice as a few other manufactures do currently

A Heads Up Display would be very nice

An option I do miss is the ability to have the sat nav notify you of any fixed camera's in advance (ford) but I could be just being picky here
Karoq Sportline 1.5 DSG 4x4 in Pearl Black
clacson

Post by clacson »

I have the local 1,5 TSI DSG Style version with needed options. Only option which was not available was heated sport steering wheel, have to take the std heated.
It has heated seats, windscreen, aux heater, digital dash, varioflex, easy open tailgate, led lights, 17" wheels summer/winter etc. No need for leather, 4x4, Sportline or Scout options,
I'm pleased, unnecessary to pay more.
--- Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Style Quartz Grey my2019 ---
chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

Hate to say this but the 8 speed auto and their very good 2ltr diesel from BMW would be a good start. The rest BMW can keep. I find the DSG to be a pretty woeful auto box and the 1.6ltr diesel appears to get its instructions via ships telegraph.
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel
chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

Having been a bit flippant in my previous reply to this thread here's a few more serious suggestions...

Provide a digital display that combines some sat nav basics with digital speed readout. The analogue speedo is difficult to make out in bright light, not helped by speed delineated at 20, 40, 60 etc. The sat nav instructions in direct view is good but showing the speed also would be a significant improvement.

I know touch screens are all the rage but replace the touch screen with an intuitive physical control. Having to use a touch screen on the move, particularly when the left hand most side of the screen is a bit of a stretch, is inherently unsafe (in my view at least). It's good that Skoda provide basic physical controls but more should be done to reduce time taken away from the basic task of driving.
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post