Karoq Edition UK - Are Further Engine Choices Due ??

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
gmgohara

Post by gmgohara »

Hi

Anyone know if there are plans to have additional engine choices available for the Karoq Edition trim in the UK

Currently, I can only see a 2.0 TDI SCR 150PS 4x4 Manual is available

Wondered if there are going to be others (e.g. Petrol Variants / DSG variants)

Appreciate any guidance

Mel5454

Post by Mel5454 »

Hi,

I was looking to buy a Karoq edition earlier this year, and it was available with 1.5tsi engine. When i eventually plucked up courage/found sufficient money, we were in the "WLTP" problem period, and thereafter i was told that the only way I could have an edition trim was, as you say, the 4x4 diesel. This was a shame as i wanted the bells/whistles and sunroof, but was not available. I have now settles for a 1.5 tsi DSG SEL with electric seat package, which is fairly near to edition trim.
Incidentally i did read that the edition trim was only ever available in the UK market, and it was really meant to be "1st edition" in order to stimulate interest in the car - how true that is i would not like to say.
Mel
Dombot232

Post by Dombot232 »

I have also heard that the WLTP testing has impacted delivery / choice, I reckon 12 months and they will have this sorted. Back in June is was available but in November the range was cut.
Previous car Volvo XC60, now have Karoq SEL 2.0, Dsg, virtual cockpit with leather pack
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

When I was looking at a karoq, it had a 1.4tsi that was being replaced with a 1.5tsi, supposedly this overcame emissions problems with the 1.4tsi. I then thought I wouldn't bother trying to get a petrol version as they were difficult to come by anyway.
I now have a 1.5 tsi dsg edition registered in March 2018. Don't think there are any problems with choice other than petrol not available with 4 X 4 and the long waiting time from the factory.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Dombot232 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:56 pm I have also heard that the WLTP testing has impacted delivery / choice, I reckon 12 months and they will have this sorted. Back in June is was available but in November the range was cut.
Quite right about the WLTP aspect. My Karoq was pre-reg just because of that problem and it save me over £2K with only 15 miles on the clock and registered for 10 days,
Dealers were not allowed to sell them new un-registered with the 1.5 engine as they did not meet WLTP regs, so they have to be pr-reg and sold as 'second hand'.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Dombot232 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:56 pm I have also heard that the WLTP testing has impacted delivery / choice, I reckon 12 months and they will have this sorted. Back in June is was available but in November the range was cut.
If a 12 month wait was expected I would totally dismiss the karoq and buy something else. It's fine if you're not needing to buy a new car now. I needed to get rid of my last vehicle I had bought new eleven years and 212,000 miles ago. I'm not sure I can believe that story of dealers being unable to sell the 1.5tsi new unregistered and selling pre registered, mine wasn't pre registered.
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:06 am I'm not sure I can believe that story of dealers being unable to sell the 1.5tsi new unregistered and selling pre registered, mine wasn't pre registered.
Believe the "story"; as I recall, you bought yours six months old in October. So yours was first registered before the WLTP rules came into effect. It was not possible to legally register cars that had not been tested under WLTP after the rules came into effect on 1/9/2018 (There are some exceptions allowed for end-of-line models until September 2019). Details can be found here.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

So didn't apply to my vehicle then. What will be the situation at mot time, as mot testing doesn't have the same conditions as the lab. The " story " I was talking about was the change from 1.4tsi to 1.5tsi.
I'm Paul
Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy »

The Karoq has never had a 1.4TSI as far as I know. It was one of the first VW group cars to get the 1.5 engine. Each engine/transmission combination had to go through the WLTP testing before it could be sold after 1st Sept 2018, hence a lot of pre-reg cars in August.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I must have dreamed it then.
I'm Paul

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post