Karoq Edition UK - Are Further Engine Choices Due ??

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

One of the key things about WLTP is that it is not just about the engine/transmission combination; it also considers options that can have an impact. Hence adding a panoramic roof that adds significantly to the weight of the car would require a further test as would air conditioning (if it were not standard across the range) and a number of other things. A spare wheel comes to mind since part of the reason it was removed from standard builds was that it reduced the weight and improved the fuel figures (another part of the reason was probably that many motorists were prepared to pay extra to get the spare...)

The reality is that not many people ever opted to pay for panoramic roofs as an option, if it comes as part of the package, fine but my dealer told me that they did not sell a single panoramic roof in a Yeti as an option during the entire production run. That low sales figure would have influenced the testing priority. I feel fairly certain that once the biggest selling combinations have all been tested, Skoda will start to test some of the more esoteric options and at that point the Edition spec will become available with other engine and transmission combos (although it may have a new name by then since the Edition was intended as a launch model).

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Personally I think all this emissions crap is going too far, taking into account the weight of a spare wheel or panoramic roof. Does that mean a Range Rover has to be fitted with 3 cylinder ecotec engine because it's heavier, no it doesn't. While we have to put up with all these restrictions people are racing massive diesel trucks belching black smoke, in fact all forms of motor racing every weekend of the year. Volcanoes are pushing out pollution on a massive scale, oh this is going to get political so I'm done
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post