Luckily the car is smarter than I am…

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

When I am not busy earning a living, keeping the wife happy or otherwise usefully employed, I like to go kayaking. Yesterday morning was a good chance to get out on the Thames with no other river traffic apart from an occasional rower. At the end of the paddle, I realised I was running late. so just dumped all my stuff in my kit bag and raced back to the car.

I opened the boot and slung my kitbag inside before slamming it and trying to open the driver’s door.

It was still locked. :(

And my keys were in my bag… :( :(

In the boot. :( :( :(

Grr… :( :( :( :(

To add to the fun, my phone was also in the bag. :( :( :( :( :evil:

I HATE kessy, the potential for this kind of dumb mistake is just too high if you don’t have your keys in your hand when you lock the car.

Luckily, the car was smart enough not to lock the boot, presumably because it knew the keys were inside. I am awful glad the engineers thought that part of the design through.

Anyone else been saved by the car being simply clever?

Have fun (I nearly didn't),

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

This really made me :D lol! Good to hear it , I also had the same when at a local swimming pool , keys in the change bag and I came over with that dreaded feeling ! Only to discover the boot was still open . Phew 😅!
Johnd5314

Post by Johnd5314 »

I would have thought that the requirement for the boot to open is that the key is in close proximity to the lock - it doesn't matter whether this is inside or outside the car.

When I first got the car I kept trying to check the boot was locked - and it never was. Then I twigged!
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Put the key in your pocket before going near the car.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:02 pm Put the key in your pocket before going near the car.
I "always" do, but there's really no need given that the car refuses to lock with the key inside.

Have fun,

Ian.

(Note: that's always as in "always except this time" :) )
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670