Automatic wipers

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I was looking at settings on the touchscreen today, particularly the nearside door mirror lowering when reversing, which had a tick in the box but doesn't actually move when in reverse. I also noticed automatic wipers had a tick in the box, but they have never come on automatically, not that, that's a problem because I'm usually awake when it starts to rain and I'm driving.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Nearside mirror you need the mirror adjustment switch turned to that mirror as well for it to lower. Gives you control over lowering when parallel parking only rather than every time you put it in reverse.
Auto wipers you need to have wipers on to start with. I generally put wipers into slowest intermittent wipe when starts raining, then the auto wipers automatically adjust to rain intensity and speed, right up to super fast wiping. I like the element of manual control to start them off.
Hope this helps
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Ahh, I will try that with the mirror. I read after posting that the wipers have to be switched on and I believe it said wiper rate changes with vehicle speed, nothing to do with rain.
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Wiper positions from lowest upwards are:
flick wipe, (spring loaded)
Off
Intermittent (rain sensitive- with rain intensity- speed is governed by number of drops hitting the sensor, not speed, although the faster you go the more rain will hit the screen!) Toggle on top of arm adjusts sensitivity.
slow
fast.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Handbook doesn't explain in so much detail
I'm Paul

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post