Car delivered not as ordered, advice please

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
tricky63

Post by tricky63 »

Ordered SEL 1.6 TDI DSG with heated windscreen as an option but car has been built/delivered to dealer with standard screen so asked dealer to find me another car which they have but car has £2000+ worth of options on it which Skoda have said they are not willing to pay for. I am happy with the colour and additional options but think that as the car that has been delivered is not what I ordered and it is an error by Skoda then as a gesture of goodwill they should pay for the additional options?
Don't really want to wait another 2-3 months for another car to be built. Am thinking of discussing the matter with customer services to see if i can get them to agree to pay?
Any advice on the above would be appreciated.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

That really is not acceptable. I wonder how on earth the factory got it so wrong.
I would suggest that you ring Customer services and ask to speak to a Customer services MANAGER.
I doubt that they will cough up the £2k, but would you be prepared to go halves with them? Get any acceptable offer they make you confirmed in writing
The other tack you could try is to say that you will not accept the car they have delivered (as not being what you ordered) or its replacement offered with the extras and will buy from another manufacturer that can actually supply what you ordered.
You must not push on this too hard or they might just call your bluff.
Be forceful but not rude or argumentative.
Good luck!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Meister

Post by Meister »

I had similar some years ago with a Vauxhall Corsa. It arrived from the factory with wrong auto gearbox ... should have had a sport mode but it did not. We had specifically stated that we wanted that particular feature.
I told the dealership I was not accepting it and they would have to find me another new car.
At first they were obstructive but as I refused to accept and pay for it they, after a few days, offered me a decent discount so I took the car .... it was for my wife and she only kept it a short time in end.

You have to be firm but polite and stick to your guns.
They have breached the contract by not supplying what was ordered .... its as simple as that.

Hope it works out for you.
tricky63

Post by tricky63 »

Update: Dealer has sourced a SEL 1.6 TDI DSG with heated windscreen in Petrol Blue which is the colour i had originally ordered plus it comes with leather interior and couple of other options which Skoda have agreed to pay for (result). Due to be delivered to local dealer w/c 10 Dec so expect to take delivery the following week?
Happy days, will post photo in due course.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Good result. Looking forward to the pics.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post