Won't stay in "Eco" Mode

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
John0103

Post by John0103 »

My 1.5 DSG has the ability to set the driving Mode for either "Normal" or Eco. (It also has the ability to set "Individual" settings but one thing at a time!) If one selects "Eco", the next time one switches on the gearbox has reverted to Drive rather than Eco but the Infotainment display screen still shows "Eco" in the top LH corner.
Has anyone worked out how to "lock" the gearbox in Eco Mode?
John
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG in Candy White with Beige Leather. Heated windscreen. Electric drivers seat. Power Boot. Auto light assist. Canton sound system. Took delivery 03/11/2018 very pleased so far although there is some jerkiness when cold.

Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Don't know but I think this has been talked about in another thread. I also don't know why you would bother with eco anyway. Others have said its no more economical than normal and for me anyway it seems I have to press harder on the peddle to get it to go. I use normal and pull back on the gear shift and get sport for quicker get aways
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
John0103

Post by John0103 »

Thanks Paul. I have done a few identical trips in "Eco" and "Normal" and found a considerable improvement in mpg using "Eco".
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG in Candy White with Beige Leather. Heated windscreen. Electric drivers seat. Power Boot. Auto light assist. Canton sound system. Took delivery 03/11/2018 very pleased so far although there is some jerkiness when cold.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

There is a software bug that results in the car reverting to Normal mode when the car is switched off and back on but which leaves the Infotainment system displaying Eco mode and the mode button lit up. The MFD between the dials will show N1, N2... as the gears so the car "knows" it is in normal mode. I guess Skoda will get around t fixing it one day but we should all make sure our dealers know we are not happy about the issue.

As for Eco mode improving the fuel consumption, I find that is only partly true. It only works if my right boot is also in Eco mode. Matching the drive mode to the way I want to drive seems to produce the best results. So a long relaxed motorway drive is better in Eco as is driving in heavy traffic when a sportier set up offers no advantage. However, if I want to play then sport or normal mode are better options.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I find I almost lose the will to live in Eco. Sod the fuel consumption I want a bit more oomph.
I'm Paul
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

John0103 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:53 pm Thanks Paul. I have done a few identical trips in "Eco" and "Normal" and found a considerable improvement in mpg using "Eco".
i would hope it does have better fuel economy because it's boring in Eco.
I'm Paul
John0103

Post by John0103 »

Thanks Ian, most helpful, I shall make sure i report this to my dealer.
John
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:29 am I find I almost lose the will to live in Eco. Sod the fuel consumption I want a bit more oomph.
I understand where you're coming from. However, I find myself in heavy traffic where more oomph simply has to stay unused so I may as well take the economy. However, when the road clears... :D

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

John0103

Post by John0103 »

I have now discovered that this issue is not a software fault. It is actually documented on page 242 of the Electronic Handbook. I have had a chat with Skoda and suggested that they might like to reconsider how this function works in the future.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

John0103 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:54 pm I have now discovered that this issue is not a software fault. It is actually documented on page 242 of the Electronic Handbook. I have had a chat with Skoda and suggested that they might like to reconsider how this function works in the future.
You are half right :)

The drive mode is intended to revert to Normal when the car is switched back on and this is indicated on the MFD between the dials. However, I really don't believe that the Eco mode should still be displayed in the top left corner of the infotainment screen nor that the mode button should be illuminated; both of which indicate the car to be in Eco mode. It is this mismatch of displays and lights that is is a software bug (or an "undocumented feature" if you want to be kind :) )

Have fun,

Ian.

PS The page is 238 in my electronic manual; are there different versions of the manual?

PPS On page 239 there is a note that: "The selected driving mode and the setting of the mode Individual is stored in
the active user account personalisation".
Can someone with the option tell us if this persists after switch off and restart?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post