Folding rear seats

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

More questions peeps, I have an edition and it has rear vents in the centre console, maybe all models have them I don't know.
Problem is when I fold the rear seats and " tumble " them as I heard somewhere, the middle seat hits the vents and won't fold up. It will just fall back again. Any pearls of wisdom?
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I think this has been covered before, you have to give one of the tabs an extra tug and remove the centre head rest, see the video,

Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Ah I will try removing the headrest, it didn't look like it was the problem but probably is.
I'm Paul
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I don't know where that video came from but on my edition the middle seat doesn't slide to and fro. Removing the headrest made no difference as it doesn't touch the air vents before the back of the seat does. I went to a nearby dealer and a tech guy came out to my car and couldn't do it. He looked at another new car the same spec as mine and that is the same. So assuming lower spec cars don't have air vents for rear passengers those cars wouldn't have that problem, but I'm guessing they don't have varioflex seats either. So this looks like a complete cock up by Skoda, my only option will be to remove the middle seat when I want to use the space, I may as well remove all the seats
I'm Paul
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I have contacted Skoda on Facebook and explained the situation, they suggested I take it to a dealer. I told them I had and they couldn't do it. I don't see it as a major problem more an annoyance but I was annoyed by the typical idiot salesman who said the video shown here may be for another country where the spec may be different. Ok I can accept that but to try and defend their position and not admit it's a total cock up was getting me riled up so I left gracefully.
I'm Paul
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

I have the Edition model and have had the seats folded a number of times. The middle seat does not move forward, or backwards the video does show this.

remove middle seat headrest
pull tag to lower middle seat,
pull tag again to lower middle seat closer to the bench seat
lift up and should now not hit your vents

The trick is that the middle seat has a 2 stage fold, it is in the manual, but my husband didn't read it and had trouble to begin with, it shows it in the video but easy to miss it.

hope this solves your problem

let me know
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

So Skoda uk got back to me having spoken to the main people at Skoda. Basically they admit it's a design feature as the put it, I see it as a design cock up. Had I bought the car from the main dealer and had some salesman give me the bullshit I would have chewed his ear off. As it is I like the car very much regardless
I'm Paul
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Womanofkent wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:49 pm I have the Edition model and have had the seats folded a number of times. The middle seat does not move forward, or backwards the video does show this.

remove middle seat headrest
pull tag to lower middle seat,
pull tag again to lower middle seat closer to the bench seat
lift up and should now not hit your vents

The trick is that the middle seat has a 2 stage fold, it is in the manual, but my husband didn't read it and had trouble to begin with, it shows it in the video but easy to miss it.

hope this solves your problem

let me know
When you say bench do you mean the part you sit on. I folded it flat and it hit the vents, do I need to push it flatter
I'm Paul
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

When you say lower the seat, do you mean the seat back
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I admit I haven't tried to fold my back seats yet. I assumed from the video that a double pull was required for the centre section, (as Woman of Kent has said) having removed the head rest. if I have time tomorrow I shall experiment and then can give a definitive answer (I hope!)
BTW.
The SE L DOES have rear heating vents.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post