karoq verses kodiaq

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
wotsaname

Post by wotsaname »

Hello People Which ever one gets my final vote it will have to be a 4x4. and I'm not sure if anything less than a 2lt diesel will be man enough to lug a caravan. Having read some of the posts on here I must admit I'm pretty impressed with the mpg you guys are claiming from a 2lt 4x4
When I retired a few years ago I treated myself to a six month old Hyundai Santa fee and a one year old Coachman, a combination that worked very well. However as soon as the guarantee ran out on the Hyundai it went rapidly down hill so I said good by to that and sold the van as well. I'm now driving a 2lt Passat estate auto which is great but not much use pulling a caravan out of a slippery field. I hope to get something sorted before Christmas and it will probably be a case of which ever one comes up at the right time with the right spec. Then hopefully it will just be a case of finding the right caravan to make up a suitable match, but here's the catch, my wife has her heart set on a motorhome which could put a very expensive spanner in the works. So I don't know how things will pan out but she does have this remarkable knack of twisting both my arms.
The longest sentence known to man is "I do"

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I can't comment on either towability. off roadyness or diesel.
But I HAVE owned both Kodiaq and am now on Karoq.
Kodiaq ...(Mine SE L 1.4 DSG 2wd)
Big , comfortable, road holding very good. Over 'teched' in my opinion, more to go wrong and it did! (call buttons, electric boot lid and pop out door protectors. All Manufacturers seem to be on a 'tech fest' trying to out do each other with huge amounts of mostly unnecessary tech, which is simply more to go wrong.
Karoq...Mine SE L1.5DSG 2wd
1 foot shorter than it's big brother. more 'nimble', much more chuckable, similar to Yeti on the road, harder suspension, less tech more economical (Both 1.4 & 1.5 engines are 150BHP. ) must be down to weight differential.
Have a look/join www.kodiaqforums.co.uk where some oily boys will, I am sure, be able to assist in your decision.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
wotsaname

Post by wotsaname »

Hi Kodiaq
Sounds like you got yourself a good bargain. Where about's is this generous dealer, I bet he's miles away from the New Forest. If my wife does manage to persuade me to buy a motorhome I shall still need a 4x4 to tow my work trailer. So I take it you're liking the karoq's chuckability. Something I miss with the Passat, not too good at doing handbrake turns with an auto.
The longest sentence known to man is "I do"
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Whereabouts are you?
He has 6 diesel Karoqs in stock at the moment.
Mine was a WLTP pre-reg and I have had 5 Skodas off him and have recommended many people to him most of whom have ended up buying something. So that may be why I got a good deal.
If you are in the Forest, you must know who he is!! ;)
Talk to Tom Sexton and tell him Colin Lambert sent you!
My Kodiaq should be up for sale soon.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

kodiaq wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:20 pm My Kodiaq should be up for sale soon.
Given how quickly you change cars, Colin, I'd say that your Karoq will be for sale soon :D

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Give us a chance. I only picked it up last Monday! :D
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views