1st warranty work due to heated windscreen??

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

So our stop start has stopped working, checked nothing was switched on, deactivated and reactivated it, so husband went off to the dealer this morning.  Who told him to diagnose it himself as there are lots of things that can cause this.  Off he went on a drive and still not working, went into vehicle status, stop start where it says stop start not working due to windscreen heating on, which it wasn't so car is booked in for Friday.

We have the heated windscreen with elements on, and have used it a couple of times recently.  Be interested to hear if anyone else had the same problem, and if you have the heated windscreen maybe worth checking that yours is not doing the same in case there is an inherent fault.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Interesting one, I wonder though whether maybe the heated screen draws too much power for the start stop system to operate or if it is just on short runs. I don't have the heated screen, but start stop system doesn't always operate especially now it is colder and I end up with heated seats, mirrors etc being on. However, if as you say the heated screen wasn't on anyway then probably little more than a faulty switch somewhere I would hope. Good luck!
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

You're quite right @Mikaroq the stop start system won't work if you are drawing too much power like air con or heated seats.

Now we have noticed this afternoon that it turned on the heated windscreen all on its own.

We shall see what is said, have photo evidence so can prove it is happening just in case they question us when of course the problem won't work when we take the car in :oops:
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Good luck and great idea taking evidence, these things rarely happen when you need them too!
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I have only used the heated screen a few times and each time only for a few minutes when the car was otherwise cold, so I can't say I have noticed it having an impact on the stop / start as that would not usually operate anyway when everything is cold. I did, however, notice that the heated screen was on the other day when I know that I had turned it off during the previous journey. I had not seen this before but will keep an eye open for it happening again. Unless I see it happen a few times, I am inclined to put it down to clumsiness an accidentally catching the heated screen button while looking for something else.

Next time it happens, try to get a photograph of the consumers' screen, that will show what the car thinks is turned on.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Hi Ian

yes managed to get photos to show dealer which said stop/start wouldn't work due to heated windscreen on and yet button not lit up.

Page 76 of pdf says that heater will switch off after 10 minutes, if you have it on when you turn engine off and restart engine within 10 minutes heated windscreen will come back on.

If climatic recognises windscreen may fog up it may turn it on automatically but this can be changed in the settings.

The time we saw it switch on was on a 20C day. Keep an eye on it and let me know please. Trouble is now it is getting colder it may be harder for us to tell however we have not changed our settings so it won't switch itself on automatically, trying to rule out one thing at a time.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

The fella I bought my edition from said the start stop only works when the battery is fully charged. I find it doesn't turn off when I pull up not long after driving off. It sometimes takes more driving before it does stop. This morning I had the heated seat on and it didn't turn off. But did later. Tbh I'm not bothered if it does or not, it sometimes turns off and I'm ready to move again in a few seconds.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post