ALARM

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Karoq is the first Skoda I have had without a button on the 'B' pillar to turn the interior alarm monitoring OFF. (Dog owner~so essential!)
I have RTFM, which as usual is not much use. The only way it says one can turn it off is to go> Car> settings>disable interior alarm. And that only once!
WellI I tried it, turned ignition off and restarted and it was still marked as off, so apparently the FM is WRONG.... Well that makes a change!! ;)
What a complete FAFF! SIMPLY STOOPID MR SKODA!
This afternoon I opened the drivers window locked the car, waited for the alarm to activate. waved hand inside, Alarm went off.
Locked the car and touched door sensor twice in quick succession, waited again, waved inside.....silence.
I assume that way of doing it works as well on other KESSY cars? BUT why does it not say so in the FM?
I have just had a look on 'The Dark Side' (Briskoda) There is the same question regarding MY19 Kodiaqs. My supposition is apparently correct. 2 quick pushes on either the fob 'lock' button or on door sensor will turn off the interior alarm sensor but has to be done every time.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

The double press of the remote we have had on other manufacturers, I suppose the theory is you may not have kids or dogs in your car every time.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

It is strange (but unfortunately,not unusual) that the Karoq handbook gives incorrect information and incomplete information.
1. I read it (perhaps I'm stupid~ rhetorical Q no repsonse ;) ) that if you turn off the interior sensor on the infotainment system it will need doing every time you want that facility. This is not the case. once done it remains off.
2 What they omit to tell you is the double click on either the door handle (KESSY) or key fob (keyless)
Having owned 6 Skodas I was aware of this but having had the Kodiaq for 18 months with B pillar button I had completely forgotten the double press way of disarming it. It happens when you get old!! :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Colin,

As another owner of dogs (a Cockerpoo and a Neopolitan Mastiff / American Bulldog cross - maybe I am more "servant" than "owner"), I frequently disable the interior sensors and they do come back on and need to be reset each time I leave the car. There appears to be a delay after powering the ignition on before the sensors reset, possibly to give owners time to turn the ignition on the sort out some other feature that requires power (opening a window a little?). Certainly, whenever I have disabled the sensors and then moved the car I have found that I need to disable the sensors again.

Thank you for reminding me of the double press on the key fob. I had completely forgotten about that as the whole point of KESSY was to stop people having to get the key out. I will try the double tap on the KESSY marker, but (until a dog sets the alarm off) how will I know it has worked?

One day a car manufacturer will ask a few customers about things before they "improve" them. The button on the B pillar was simple reliable and obvious, far better than a checkbox buried in the infotainment menus. of course, if they asked they may get the message that folks do not like the heated mirror switch...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Lloydg

Post by Lloydg »

I am going to France via Brittany Ferries, having asked my dealer how to disable the alarm on my Karoq 1.5 SE-L DSG, they told me to turn off the interior monitoring system and showed me how.
Have asked Skoda Customer Care if this will disable the alarm completely, they stated that there is no way to disable the alarm completely as as soon as the car is locked by key fob or automatically, ie if left unlocked for a period of time, then the alarm will automatically turn on.
Please does anybody know any different?
Do I have to remove a fuse?

Thanks for any help.

Lloyd
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

All the above is correct. Why do you want to disable it completely? You don't have to remove any fuses to disable the interior sensor as I would have thought SUK Customer care would have told you?
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Skodaman

Post by Skodaman »

You cannot disable this unit as soon as the engine or ignition is turned on it defaults to active
Before boarding get it up on the screen ready to deactivate Start the engine and switch it off on the screen and drive on when coming off do the same
Its a real pain it really interferes with your navigation etc so be ready for that.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Lloydg,

Why do you want to turn the alarm off? Whenever I have taken a car on a ferry they have asked me to disable the system that detects a change in the angle of the car, such as when it is being towed. This is simply to prevent the alarm sounding as a result of the normal up and down motion of a ferry at sea. I think (not certain but was told by the dealer) that disabling the interior sensors also disables the tilt switch, but not the perimeter protection (door switches).

if you double-tap the kessy locking sensor on the door handle there is no need to mess with your infotainment system and so no impact on the navigation.

Hope that helps,

Ian.

PS Does anyone with a trolley jack want to test whether the tilt switch is disabled with the interior monitoring? it would be interesting to know whether the dealer was right or just blowing hot air.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

I may be stating the obvious, but the red light on the top front of the driver's door stops flashing when the key fob lock is pressed twice to disable the sensors. I've always used this in preference to the button on the door pillar in the Yetis, so I'm just continuing the practice.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

It is now the ONLY way to disarm the volumetric sensor. There is no button on the B pillar on any Skoda anymore.
I am told that disabling the volumetric sensor disarm the tilt sensor.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.