Karoq 1.5 TSi SEl .... Raised Boot Floor

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

I have a 1.5 SEl on order without a spare wheel.
I wanted to add a raised boot floor, like I had on my Yeti, to make loading easier but was told it was an option on an SE but not an SEl which seems rather strange!
Has anyone added a raised boot floor after delivery?
GeoffH
Karoq 1.5 TSi SEl DSG with Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, ACC, Signpost Recognition, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Blind Spot Recognition.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I seem to recall being told that the raised floor was not compatible with the Varioflex seating, but couldn't see anything about the raised boot floor in the configurator when I had a quick look just now. (Don't rely on my memory; I don't!)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

Milfmog wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:49 pm I seem to recall being told that the raised floor was not compatible with the Varioflex seating, but couldn't see anything about the raised boot floor in the configurator when I had a quick look just now. (Don't rely on my memory; I don't!)

Have fun,

Ian.
It does seem strange that the raised boot floor was compatible with the Varioflex seats on my beloved Yeti but not on the Karoq.... not only did it make loading easier but it gave me somewhere to store bits and pieces.
GeoffH
Karoq 1.5 TSi SEl DSG with Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, ACC, Signpost Recognition, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Blind Spot Recognition.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I thought it odd as well Varioflex are standard on SE L But I can see no reason why a raised floor makes any difference. Specially as, when you fold the seats (not tumbled) there is a huge lip. If it had a raised boot floor it would be flat all the way through with the seats folded. Not of course with the seats tumbled, then you would have a 4 inch drop off at the front of the raised floor, So if tumbling, you would have to remove the raidsed floor to be flat all the way through.
I may well make my own raised floor as, being dog owner I also like to keep loads of doggy junk under the floor.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
TJJ

Post by TJJ »

hi here in Oz we get the Varioflex standard in all models but two floors. The low floor with the cannon sub-woofer with the skinny (125cm wide) spare or if no sub-woofer you get the raised floor with a 16" steel 215cm wide spare. So if you could order the steel 215 spare you would get a raised floor with Varioflex seats? TJ
Karoq 1.5 DSG Oz Launch Ed. Candy White 19"
My other car's a Yeti
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

TJJ wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 am hi here in Oz we get the Varioflex standard in all models but two floors. The low floor with the cannon sub-woofer with the skinny (125cm wide) spare or if no sub-woofer you get the raised floor with a 16" steel 215cm wide spare. So if you could order the steel 215 spare you would get a raised floor with Varioflex seats? TJ
I think I correct in saying you also get the Sports Steering Wheel (flat bottom) which I had on my UK Yeti and found it excellent for getting in and out (I’m 6ft 7in) without hitting my knee on it. My dealer says it’s not available in the UK.
I suppose I could move to Oz and get the bits I want but my wife reckons it a bit extreme!!
GeoffH

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post