Varioflex - Rear central seat folding issue?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Lulubelle

Post by Lulubelle »

Does anyone else have issues when folding the varioflex central seat forward completely out of the way? I’ve removed the headrest - folded it flat - but when I lift it into position it collides with the central console and won’t fall into position. I’ve rechecked that it is flat but still cannot get it to flip into position. The seat is as far back as it will go, too but obviously I cannot shift the central console forward....

Is anyone else having an issue and can advise? For now I’ve admitted defeat and removed the seat completely from the car but I’m foxed and it niggles like a sore tooth. :cry:
Skoda Karoq, SE TSI 150, Candy White, Manual [June 2018 delivery]

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Aha you won't be the last.

When you fold the middle seat flat you have to pull the strap again and push it down further before folding up, it has a 2 stage approach. It is explained in the manual which husband didn't read before he had the same problem. Once you've cracked it once you'll have no problem next time. :D
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Lulubelle

Post by Lulubelle »

Thank you! I swear I did read the manual but obviously misread the “pull it again” instruction. Doh! :roll:
Lulubelle

Post by Lulubelle »

Handy YouTube link someone else sent me - so much clearer - even points out those handy restraints to hold the seats in place

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

ha ha which manual to be honest, I read the paper version which seems to constantly tell you to refer to the online one which you wouldn't have in the car anyway, I do find that annoying.

I hope you didn't think I was being condescending, it wasn't meant in that way ;)
Womanofkent wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:30 pm Aha you won't be the last.

When you fold the middle seat flat you have to pull the strap again and push it down further before folding up, it has a 2 stage approach. It is explained in the manual which husband didn't read before he had the same problem. Once you've cracked it once you'll have no problem next time. :D
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Lulubelle

Post by Lulubelle »

I was just so glad someone responded :D I’d seen that other strap but just thought it was a twin of the other there... doh! All is now happiness and light in my world.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post