Oh Fiddlesticks (or something)

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

The low morning sun got to me yesterday as I was driving to work and revealed how much film had developed on the inside of the windscreen. So, when I got home I grabbed the "invisible glass" spray and a roll of kitchen towel and gave the inside of the windscreen a quick going over. Unfortunately, I caught the little plastic clip for parking tickets, I hardly touched it but it was sufficient to break it off. I was astonished how easily the clip broke, the one in my Yeti never failed in three (and a half years and plenty of screen cleans) and in the ten years plus that I ran Volvos I never managed to break a clip. I'm not impressed but will have to look at replacing it as not having it is really going to irritate me.

Have fun,

Ian
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Oh no I'd be fumin too but it kinda is your fault 😂
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Jimbologo wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:24 am Oh no I'd be fumin too but it kinda is your fault 😂
It is, but that won't stop me asking the dealer to replace it at no cost on the grounds that it is either too flimsy (not fit for purpose) or was defective. I may not get away with it but...

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I was driving down the A4 through Slough today and noticed a brand new, shiny Skoda dealer (Citigate Skoda). This may be good news as previously it took about an hour to reach the nearest main dealers to take a car for a service and another hour to collect it afterwards. Citigate are about 10 minutes from work, a significant time saver.

Anyway, seeing they were there, I dropped in to see if they had a windscreen clip to replace the one I broke. They didn’t but can get one in for Saturday for the princely sum of 99p. Now I just need to work out how to fit it. At that price it is not worth complaining about.

Have fun,

Ian.

wordsworth

Post by wordsworth »

Like you I also loved a Yeti, and bought the Karoq ( 2L diesel 4x4 DSG box), as it was sold as a Yeti replacement. I wish my Skoda dealers were as close as yours, as the nearest is 90 minutes drive away. I also wish my complaint was as easily solved as yours, as within the first month of ownership, it has given me a full blown emergency stop that I didn't want, and did not need. There was no obstruction in front of me, that the car needed to react to. When the car had stopped, and I has recovered from the shock, without moving the car I got out and looked closely around and under the front end of the car, to see if the car had detected something that I had managed to miss. There was nothing. I have no idea why the car did this, and am scared that it may do it again on the open road, with another vehicle behind me. This first time was in a car park, with nothing behind, and at a fairly low speed of maybe 15 mph.

Also has anyone else with a Karoq ( with a DSG box) noticed that if you press the 'mode button, select 'Eco', then a green rectangle appears around 'Eco', on the 'infotainment' screen, and a little white 'Eco' lights up at the top-left of this screen. Also the top of the dashboard (near to the speedo) will indicate the gear you are in preceded by an E. So far so good. If you now switch off the ignition, and later switch it back on again,and again press the 'mode button', in order to select Eco again, You will find that the rectangle around Eco on the infotainment screen is already illuminated green, and the little white 'Eco light at the top left of this screen is also illuminated. you would be forgiven for thinking at this point that the car had remembered your previous preference for Eco (as the manual box car does). However, if you now select D/S with the gear selector, the dash board indicator will indicate your gear preceded by D Thats D for 'Normal'. So part of the car tells you that you are in Eco, and another part tells you that you are in 'Normal'. If you really want Eco, you have to press the already green illuminated rectangle on the infotainment screen again, which does not cause it to change, but the D on the end of the dashboard now changes to an E. I understand that Skoda already know about this bit of computer misprograming, or misdesigning, and are working to correct it. They "cannot predict how long it will take". I only hope that after they fix it, it will be possible to select the mode of driving that you prefer, and the car will remember it, even after switching off the ignition (as with the manual box car)
Good luck with your Karoq Wordsworth
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Regarding the mode selection being remembered when the ignition is switched off: I too noticed the gear display changing to D4 (or whatever) instead of E4 after stopping and starting the car. However, when I asked about it I was told that it is a recognised bug in the multifunction display. The car has remembered the selection, as indicated by the mode button being illuminated and the Eco logo displayed on the main screen. The issue is simply one of what is displayed on the MFD between the dials. This seems to tie up with the car's behaviour and should be fixed with a software upgrade at a service at some point. (I am not sure I want the upgrade until I know others have had it and proved that it does not add more bugs than it fixes; I've owned too many Apple devices to like automatic upgrades...)

I have not tried leaving the car in sport mode and seeing if the MFD indicates S4 after a restart. I may have to do that if I remember. (Not that I make much use of Sport mode.)

I have just been back to the dealer to collect the replacement ticket holder (98p including a new plastic rivet to fix it with). While I was there I had a quick look at a Karoq in the showroom and noted that the instrument dials have been redesigned, so the numbers are now on a black background instead of the grey, making them far easier to read. So it seems that even this early in the model life Skoda are tweaking things to make it better.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS Welcome to the forum, it may only be a little slice of cyberspace, but it is our little slice :D

TJJ

Post by TJJ »

hi I also note when re starting the K it does not remember Eco mode, yes the mode button near the gear lever stays on and the eco mode shows on the infotainment screen but normal D3 etc is in the MFD. But NO it is not just miss displaying here. I tested this and it never goes to E (with no gear number) for coasting! So it seems when starting it does not stay in eco mode but the display in MFD is correct and its the infotainment and mode button that are wrong. I would prefer it remembered the last setting as well as stop/start remain off. TJJ
Karoq 1.5 DSG Oz Launch Ed. Candy White 19"
My other car's a Yeti
John0103

Post by John0103 »

I have experienced the same issue. I can't see any replies to your post, have you had anything useful?

John
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG in Candy White with Beige Leather. Heated windscreen. Electric drivers seat. Power Boot. Auto light assist. Canton sound system. Took delivery 03/11/2018 very pleased so far although there is some jerkiness when cold.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I have sport selected on the top left of the touch screen and move between normal and sport on the gearshift. It seems to stay showing sport when started again next day, but may be in D3 etc on the display between rev counter and speedo, depending where I left it. I'll take note of that tomorrow. Maybe you can get the same thing with Eco and normal. Unless of course the touch screen display irritates you by not being in Eco when you set it that way.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul