Auto wipers

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Nick

Post by Nick »

Morning all, am going to be picking up my new karoq sel 1.6 diesel in 2 weeks from.dealer as it's on its way but little concerned ad I've look at all the my19 changes and was informed they no longer have auto wipers function and it's called rain sense that's an added extra, does anyone else know if the sel models have auto wipers function as std please, as skoda live chat keep saying it's rain sense. Thanks all

Alanf

Post by Alanf »

It sounds like they're one and the same.
My my18 SEL has auto wipers, but they're referred to as "rain sensor" in the brochure.
These were standard on the SE so the SEL has them too.

Hope this helps.

Alan
Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy »

MY19 cars will start production in week 48 (early December). Your car is MY18 so should be exactly as you ordered it, unless it is delayed by the WLTP regulations.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Mine was built week34 and is my19 , my19 started week 30 confirmed by skoda. It's easy to tell as my19 builds in the 1.6tdi have adblue and my18 don't and it's confirmed mine has adblue.
Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy »

Let us know how the wipers work when you've picked it up.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I don't know if my edition has auto wipers as its not obvious and I haven't checked the handbook. But as I usually look through the windscreen occasionally I usually know when it's raining.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Ford pop racer wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:32 pm I don't know if my edition has auto wipers as its not obvious and I haven't checked the handbook. But as I usually look through the windscreen occasionally I usually know when it's raining.
Hi.
Would be surprised if it didn't as ours does. Works really well imo, wipers don't turn on automatically but do adjust automatically once they are on - so if it starts raining I generally switch them on to slowest intermittent setting and leave them be. Like this I have seen them running up to maximum speed and down to a crawl / off.
Makes me think rain sense mentioned earlier will actually do the switching on bit as well, although I do like having initial control of when I turn them on
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post