Anyone used a online car broker?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
rvs800

Post by rvs800 »

I see online car brokers like Carwow offering substantial discount on new cars. Has anyone used them to buy a karoq? Any experiences?

Karoq99

Post by Karoq99 »

Yep, to be fair, I used carwow at first, got a better offer direct from a dealer, then got my local to match that one, so best of both worlds!, just keep haggling, keep trying and just do NOT buy until you are happy with the deal you got!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

A lot of the guys on the Yeti forum bought online through Raynham Skoda and seemed happy with the deals and service they got. However, I started with an offer from an online broker (don't remember which one now but the cheapest I could find) and used that to beat my local dealer down.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

I used carwow and was happy with the experience
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
bampsam

Post by bampsam »

I used carwow and got a £1569 discount on my Karoq order with Horton Skoda in Lincoln. My local dealer isn’t a carwow dealer and would only sell at full list price.
Bromleyboy

Post by Bromleyboy »

I looked at the Karoq in my local dealer & was given what I was told was the very best price they could offer. Luckily I resisted & said I would sleep on it. At home I logged into Car Wow & speced my exact car & colour. Was very surprised to get the best offer from the same dealer I had just come away from at £1000 less! The lady dealing with Car Wow worked a few feet away from the salesman who gave me my original quote!

My advice is to explore every permutaion of car but don't commit yourself until you have entered it into Car Wow. By the way the dealers lame excuse was "the Car Wow lady is on a different pay scale hence she can offer a better price". Really?
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I tried car wow, to be fair they contacted the local dealers, so did their part. The dealers came back to me with good offers on the spec I was looking for, I then requested a test drive only to be told they didn't have a petrol demonstrator but I could test a diesel. I had this with Peugeot and skoda. I then went and bought a 6 month old Karoq. A couple of days ago a lady from carwow phoned me to ask if I had taken up one of the offers, I told her no and explained. So for me it was a total waste of time.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Dombot232

Post by Dombot232 »

I used car wow for the first time and found them to be pretty good. I Did go to a couple of dealers and played them off each other. Does help If you have a few dealers near by. I am based in Leeds and bought my car from Doncaster (around 28miles away). Would use them again. Found dealers who don’t participate with car wow could not get close on pricing.
Previous car Volvo XC60, now have Karoq SEL 2.0, Dsg, virtual cockpit with leather pack
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

I couldn't fault carwow, it's the crafty dealers offering cars at good prices when they don't have them.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Meister

Post by Meister »

Anyone who is serving or has served in the Armed Forces should try Forces Cars Direct as they offer decent discounts.
https://www.forcescarsdirect.com

PS: I have no connection to Forces Cars Direct.