Purchasing a new Karoq, help please!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karoq99

Post by Karoq99 »

Hi all,

I have been made a VERY strong offer from a local dealer, for a Karoq 1.5tsi DSG SEL, in Energy Blue(no cost option colour) with no options.

This is a brand new car, unregistered, but when he made a video to show me the colour today, he mentioned on the video and I saw myself too, that he car has done 101 miles, he mentions that this is due to the car having being used for a couple test drives etc etc.

Now, the car is ready to go, and the offer is good, however I have been offered another car from another dealer, the car is being built this week, in a colour i actually want/like but with ACC which i like and a spare wheel, for essentially the same deal + the options costs, discounts applied before options ofc. I dont mind paying the extra £20 a month for a metalic i like, acc and spare wheel but it means waiting until November for delivery.

So, im just looking for some advice, guidence here, whats your thoughts on a 101 milage "brand new car"?....

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

To be honest, 101 miles is really not a big deal. I have had brand new cars with 250 miles on them because they were driven down from a dealer in the north of the country.

However, I would take the new build to get the ACC (and the colour you like better). It will mean a wait, but ACC is brilliant and I really would not want to be without it now. Given that you are going to have to live with the car for a while, not having something you like may just rankle and spoil the whole new car experience. For my money, a car without a spare wheel is just asking to get stranded somewhere, probably at the worst possible time (Sod's Law being what it is).

Naturally, this is just my opinion and your mileage may vary (as they say).

Have fun (whatever you decide to do),

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

Well I've been waiting since February for mine to be made so I'd say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!! A car in the dealership is worth two in the factory. :)
But then I'm getting a bit cynical.......... :roll:
Karog 1.5TSi SEL DSG Quartz grey
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

The mileage is nothing. Most cars have that amount on them but the dealership zeros the clock because it's only delivery mileage. Regarding which car to pick I would wait for the car you prefer,you will be much happier.
Karoq99

Post by Karoq99 »

Just an update, went with the second option, ordered the car being built build week 35, 1.5TSI DSG SEL in Petrol Blue, with a spare space saver wheel and ACC. I don't think I would of been happy with Energy Blue and since I shall have it for 4 years..... :)

Due for delivery in November sometime.

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

Regards
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I reckon that's a good call. At least you have time to start reading the online owners manual (it will take time; it's by far the most efficient way of getting to sleep that I have found in years... :) )

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

Karoq99

Post by Karoq99 »

@ Milfmog Do you happen to know if I got a good deal?,

I got the above, 1,5tsi DSG SE-L, in Metalic paint, a space saver wheel and adaptive cruise control.

On 4 years PCP over 8k miles per year, £500 deposit and no trade in.

@ £332 pm.

I thought it was a strong deal, I'm just hoping for some confirmation/opinions/comparisons.

Cheers.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Looks pretty respectable to me. I am paying a bit more but had several other options on the car and bought it fairly early when dealers were not being encouraged to discount. I also have a rather higher annual mileage in my contract. (I did OK as they knew I was happy to keep the Yeti I was driving so, being keen to get a few early sales we were able to bend the numbers a little.)

Whether that is a great deal or not I cannot say, but my advice to anyone who has made an expensive purchase (any purchase) is not to look at prices after they have committed; no good can come of it and if you should find a significantly better deal it will just spoil your day.

Have fun,

Ian.

Karoq99

Post by Karoq99 »

@ Milfmog

Wise words indeed!

I believe I got a stonking deal, I shall not look into it anymore, be happy and chuffed and enjoy the new car experience when it comes :)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Karoq99 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:52 pm ...enjoy the new car experience when it comes :)
I hate to say it, but November will feel a long time coming. Still, it will be something to brighten up those gloomy days of late autumn.

Try not to keep checking the calendar...

Ian.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post