Purchasing a new Karoq, help please!

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karoq99

Post by Karoq99 »

Milfmog wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:09 pm
Karoq99 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:52 pm ...enjoy the new car experience when it comes :)
brighten up those gloomy days of late autumn.
That's OK, I have never had LED lights before, at least it will be dark enough to make use of them! :D.

Btw, are they adaptive?, if so, what does that mean exactly?, and are they any good, going by LED standards, I have nothing to compare them to.

Cheers.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Karoq99 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:12 pm I have never had LED lights before, at least it will be dark enough to make use of them! :D.

Btw, are they adaptive?, if so, what does that mean exactly?, and are they any good, going by LED standards, I have nothing to compare them to.
If you have not had LED lights before then you are in for a treat. When I first went from halogen headlights to xenon arcs (HID) lights in a Volvo I was amazed by how much better they were. The Yeti also had Xenons but these were adaptive and so not only were they bright, they put the light where it was wanted. (Basically, they adjust their aim based on your speed (faster, look further ahead), steering they steer to help you see further around the corner and at low speeds the right-hand light looked over to the right to light up the right side of the road (brilliant in narrow lanes). The Karoq lights do everything the Yeti did but are significantly brighter.

I have not looked on the Karoq, but the Yeti had a "tourist" mode which adjusted the light aim to allow you to drive on the right without needing those stick on beam deflectors.

The thing that may throw you the first time you start the car in the dark is the headlight dance. They go through a short self-test routine, I've not really noticed the Karoq light dance yet (too little driving at night) but the yeti lights went down, then moved apart, moved back together, moved apart a bit less, back together and then up. It used to fascinate first-time passengers :)

Have fun,

Ian.

PS Yes, the SE-L comes with adaptive LED lights as standard.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
r100elp

Post by r100elp »

Karoq99 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:52 pm Just an update, went with the second option, ordered the car being built build week 35, 1.5TSI DSG SEL in Petrol Blue, with a spare space saver wheel and ACC. I don't think I would of been happy with Energy Blue and since I shall have it for 4 years..... :)

Due for delivery in November sometime.

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

Regards
I have just ordered the same car with the addition of leather seats on 1st Sept and was told 25 weeks is the current delivery expectation taking me to mid February :o When did you order yours to get November delivery?
Karoq99

Post by Karoq99 »

r100elp wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:36 pm
Karoq99 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:52 pm Just an update, went with the second option, ordered the car being built build week 35, 1.5TSI DSG SEL in Petrol Blue, with a spare space saver wheel and ACC. I don't think I would of been happy with Energy Blue and since I shall have it for 4 years..... :)

Regards
I have just ordered the same car with the addition of leather seats on 1st Sept and was told 25 weeks is the current delivery expectation taking me to mid February :o When did you order yours to get November delivery?
Hi, it was not a new factory order, its a car the dealer had on order about to be built, I just purchased it before its delivered etc etc. Howver, because its being built this week, I was not able to ammend the spec at all, or I might have taken leather seats too, and canton audio and perhaps different alloys.

Cheers.
r100elp

Post by r100elp »

Yeah I wasn't sure about the leather but the Mrs was with me at the time and she liked the beige interior and leather is the only option for this I'd be happy with an end of January delivery as my current car goes back on the 26th but if not I might have to turn my boxster into a daily driver
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Regards
Wise move!.
I was warned off the old 'Pacific' blue', ('energy blue' may be different) He said that Pacific was a soft paint that marked badly. This is quite common with non metallics apparently.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Doogle69

Post by Doogle69 »

Try not to check the calender! I have been waiting over 6 months and still no certainty of a build date.
Delivery in November would be wonderful but I am not holding my breath.
I still think you did the best thing to get the factory order and the car you want.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post