Karoq front seat

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Andy Livo

Post by Andy Livo »

I have just purchased a Karoq SEL 1.5 TSi (Manual) and love the space and flexibility. Engines great. Getting 48 MPG which I can't believe. There are so many great little touches too. Very well designed apart from the seat!! I have had it for about 4 weeks.

My main issue is the drivers seat. I just can't get comfy at all. The wings are too big and force my arm forward for gear changing and the dip at the back of the base means I get pressure on the back of the knees. I've shifted everything up and down etc. the steering wheel position too. I get neck ache and its not good. The only thing which helps is a wedge cushion and a cushion for the back. Never had this before so a little fed up.

The seat has up and down adjustments, leg room slide adjustment, usual upright adjustment for the back and lumbar support adjustment. There is no tilt for the base.

Anyone else get these issues or is it just me! Suggestions welcome!!

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Hi Andy - can't really help on the SEL as don't know if you have the leather seats option or not? We have a 1.5 DSG Edition with the leather electric seats and, whilst it did take a while to get a good position the seats seem fine. I'm 6ft 2" tall and what I did find was that minor adjustments made a noteable difference - e.g. an inch back started causing me leg ache. Hopefully someone with the same spec as you can give you some more relevant advice, but stick with it, I'm sure you will get there.
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Doogle69

Post by Doogle69 »

Hi Mikaroq
Have you towed a caravan yet? I have the 1.5 DSG on order with a towbar and am confident it will tow our caravan well
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

No caravan, wanted towbar for bikes / small trailer, but yes I think it will be fine
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Andy,

I can't say that I have had any issues with the seat adjustments in my car, but we may be very different shapes :)

If you are struggling with getting the right balance of settings for you I would suggest that you go right back to basics. There is loads of advice on setting car seats on the web, Google will find them for you. Read a few just to remind yourself of what you are trying to achieve then move your seat to the limit of all its adjustments so that you have to start again.

My first thought was that if you find the wings are blocking your arms you may need to increase the recline angle a little, but I would suggest you start afresh and go through a logical sequence based on leg length, reach, height etc until it feels right and then drive it for a while. If it is not right, push the seat forward or back an inch, tweak the recline angle if necessary to keep your arm reach right and try again. Unless you are a really odd shape (arm length compared with leg and body length) I am sure you will find that there is a sweet spot somewhere in the adjustment.

Good luck (and please let us know how you get on).

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Andy Livo

Post by Andy Livo »

Many thanks for the advice. Just continuing to fiddle and hopefully will get there
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Andy,

How did you get on? Have you found the sweet spot?

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post