Save Settings

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Pete-Karoq

Post by Pete-Karoq »

Hi All, I have just got my Karoq and really like it so far. A little niggle for me though is I want to have the display auto power off set permanently. Each time I turn off it reverts to default which is display always on. I can't find anything in the manual about saving preferences. Does anyone know if it is possible?

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Sorry, but I am really not sure what you are asking. What do you mean by "display auto power off"? Perhaps if I knew that I might be able to help (no promises though!)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Pete-Karoq

Post by Pete-Karoq »

Hi Ian,

The display screen for the radio, etc. on the Bolero system. You have to set it every time you switch on the ignition which is tedious.

Karoq_OwnersManual_Bolero.png

Karoq_OwnersManual.png

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

OK, I'll have at look at mine and see how it behaves (It is not something I have worried about, just left it at the default.)

I have the Amundsen system, but since there is only one set of instructions for this, I guess they should behave the same way.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

OK, I've had a play and I am actually still not sure what difference the setting makes. However, I can confirm that the setting is not persistent and needs to be reset following an ignition off / on cycle. I cannot see a way to make the setting persist. Sorry.

Ian.

Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

I don't understand what your trying to 'set'?
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I had to do the experiment to see what the setting actually does. Quite simply, it blanks the infotainment screen 10 seconds after any action (switch on, change radio station etc) the option is there to display a clock and the date or blank it completely. If you move your hand close to the screen it all wakes up again until 10 seconds later. Simple to use but not something I am likely to use again.

I still can't see any way to make the setting persistent across ignition off periods.

Have fun,

Ian.

ASL1956

Post by ASL1956 »

Got exactly the same issue with Karoq Edition where it doesn't save the 10 second clock setting when switched off. Any ideas?