Skoda pulled the plug

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

In May I ordered a Skoda Karoq Edition and was told I would get it in early September, dealer has phoned to say Skoda are not going to continue building the Edition version, Has anybody heard why :evil:

ronsp

Post by ronsp »

Skoda in their infinite wisdom have decided to only to offer the Edition in 4X4 format with either 1.5 petrol or 2.0 diesel week 48/18.
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

Ok thanks for the answer, seems I will have to start looking at other suv's as I don't want or need 4x4
clacson

Post by clacson »

The Edition trim is UK only, so the local Skoda UK has pulled the plug, not the Skoda company.
Normally there is only Ambition and Style versions in the continent and they are not equal in every country. We have the Exclusive trim to choose, it is like the UK Edition.
--- Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Style Quartz Grey my2019 ---
ronsp

Post by ronsp »

You could go for a SE L and add extras onto it, although this route may not be possible due to the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) which comes into effect on 1st September.

I was talking to the Business Manager at my Skoda dealership yesterday and it looks like Skoda and more than likely the rest of VAG group going down the route producing distinct trims with very little extra equipment i.e. fitting electric seats on a SE L since this will increase the weight of the vehicle and therefore affect the WLTP results. WLTP tests would have to be done on every variation of added extras and trims on a vehicle which means that it is highly unlikely that most car manufacturers will offer many weight increasing extra equipment options, I suspect it will be limited to alloy wheels.
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

saw my dealer today and we can add the extras to bring it in line with the edition but minus the sunroof, which being heavy would affect the WLTP results, so I will get the car I want and I can live without the sunroof.
Hatter

Post by Hatter »

When we ordered our Karoq back in December we was told by the salesman that the Edition was only for a limited time as it was only released to celebrate the release of the Karoq and was known as the 1st Edition....
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

Dealer contacted me today to say my Karoq Sel has a build date of week 34 ie 20th August so I will have it for September on a 68 plate
Boblell

Post by Boblell »

Its looking like I may have to give up my exceptional 1.5 DSG Edition in colour black. Less than 2K on the clock on an 18 reg. Medical reasons :-)
Richard7

Post by Richard7 »

Hi Guys, my Skoda dealer told me that Skoda pulled the plug on the PETROL version of the Edition, when l asked why he said that Skoda wanted to shift as many diesel Editions in Europe as they can. I could order a diesel Edition but had no idea of any delivery date. I ordered a Karoq SEL in early June, the best estimated delivery is now end of December, we are now reviewing whether to hang on or cancel the order. Would love to know what’s going on with Skoda, if this continues they are going to loose a lot of sales. Not happy!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post