Service plan

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Twen

Post by Twen »

Did anyone purchase a Skoda service plan for the Karoq is it worth it as offer is 279 for 2 services ?

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

we were going to buy it but got it free from Skoda by purchasing on pcp but we paid off the pcp early
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

As above - got free
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

I purchased a 3 year service plan for approximately £420. Without the plan it would be around £540
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Got it for free :D
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

I'm getting it for free With PCP :)
david495

Post by david495 »

Womanofkent wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:29 am we were going to buy it but got it free from Skoda by purchasing on pcp but we paid off the pcp early
Hi. I noticed your comment re the service plan. I have got the free 2 services having bought the car with the minimum of finance. How easy was it to pay it off, and keep the 2 free services?

Regards

Dave
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

pay as soon as you can, if you have the money as each day you are charged interest, if you pay off within the 14 day cooling off period you ring Skoda finance and tell them you want to settle the pcp, they will send you out your statement and how to pay and you have I think 28 days from that date to pay it off. Once paid off Skoda write to you and tell you that you now own the car.

To be honest the hardest thing for us was that when your money is sent (we did it by bank transfer) it has to be reconciled by the cashier's office ie link your payment with the pcp agreement (although you state your agreement number on the transfer), we were a bit paranoid and tried to ring to get this confirmed but the cashier's office is only open 9-5pm and it took them a couple of days to finally agree that they had received the money.

I have read that some people pay off the next day and are charged something like £3.50 interest when you're getting a service plan for free it's worth it.

We were initially misinformed by our dealer that we had to keep it 6 months to keep the service plan but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post