Tyres

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Ian.
This may interest you.....from the Yeti forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetidan View Post
Well ladies and gentlemen I've got my Michelin crossclimates fitted 225/50/17 and just a little drive back home from the tyre fitters and yes I can definatly report a big difference from the Bridgestone's much quieter and the much sharper steering.
But only time will tell when the weather gets a little trickier.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

TJJ

Post by TJJ »

Hi Colin,

my Yeti had Pirelli P7 17x225 and were louder than I preferred, I replaced them with Michelin Primacy 3 Sr (silent running) these have been considerably quieter and other performance has been great. But apparently in Europe you can only get the Michelin Primacy 3 but the SR version is only for Asia and Australia :( On the Karoq I have the Bridgestone 19x235. I had test driven a Karoq with 19" wheels and comfort was similar to the Yeti but my new Karoq was harsh. Turned out the tyres were over inflated by 4psi each! After I let some air out the ride has been fine.

I checked tyre replacement prices and to replace the 19x235x40 tyers was way too expensive but the 19" wheels are by 8" width while the 17" and 18" wheels are only 7" wide. The 19x8" wheels easily fit 19x245x40 tyres which are within 1% of the running specs of the 235 original yet about 40% cheaper for the same tyre (brand, model etc) When my Bridgestones get replaced I will check out the 19x245s available. TJ
Karoq 1.5 DSG Oz Launch Ed. Candy White 19"
My other car's a Yeti