Karoq Edition Spec

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Boblell

Post by Boblell »

Having researched many cars, for many reasons I had put the Karoq pretty near the top of my list. I went to the local dealers and tested one, and found getting in and out of the car very easy and the driving experience was perfect. I decided there and then to buy the 1.5 DSG ‘Edition’ model, the waiting times were too long to wait for my preferred colour (blue), so decided to buy the only one they had available immediately (in black). So far so good, I took delivery a week later at the start of this month and so far I have completed 350 miles.

The car is brilliant to drive, smooth, comfortable, with all the power you need. However there are a number of options it hasn’t got, that I thought came with this ‘top of the range’ car. So just in case, I mention them to help others spec’ing up an Edition.

It does not come with Adaptive Cruise Control as standard, for some reason I thought the speed limiter was part of the adaptive cruise. I had it before in another car and I think it’s a very useful feature, especially if you do a few miles on the motorway.

It has the LED lights package, however it does not have the auto dipping function I thought it did have. Not a deal breaker, but a feature I was looking forward to testing.

The electric tailgate does not have the ‘kick under the back’ function. Not sure why, because if you have your hands full approaching the car you still need to free up one hand to either press the button on the tailgate or get your fob out when you approach!

Those are the things I would have added, if I had known. The rest of the car is perfect. The massive Columbus 9.2” screen is great, the sound is fine without the upgrade, be mindful if you do upgrade the sound you lose the very useful pop up compartment on top of the dash.

The panoramic roof is really nice, the screen works well if you want block out light or heat. The 1.5 engine is a delight to use with the DSG box. Blind spot, traffic sign recognition and lane departure are really useful and effective.

Boblell

Post by Boblell »

Another thing I didn’t look into was the Skoda Connect App. I have spent some time trying to work out how to remotely check if the car is locked or even where it’s parked, couldn’t work it out anywhere. Finally found out it is not available as standard on the ‘Edition’, nor can it be added retrospectively. It’s the ‘Care Connect’ you need for this, but alas mine only comes with the infotainment online. I hope this helps others when ordering.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post